No Man's Sky - Next update

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Anyone here playing No Man's Sky? I haven't played it for about 2 years, but I'd heard positive things about the new 'Next' update so I gave it a go yesterday. Annoyingly I found myself on an irradiated planet to begin with, and I spent far too long looking for pure ferrite before I realised I need to craft a portable refiner. Ugh! When I last played it there wasn't a build menu, so I had no idea where to even look for this. I thought it was something I could craft in the ship or exosuit menu, so that was frustrating.

I've only spent about 90 mins on it so far, so I'm tempted to start again and hope for a better planet to begin with!

This video is pretty useful:

"This is a game for people who enjoy crafting more than they enjoy combat"... lol, guess that's me :lol:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I am interested in this game but I don't have a Playstation. When I finally get the cash I'll buy one and the game. It's interesting how some elements of the game are random.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been wondering about that game, tempted to buy since they have supposedly sorted out all the teething problems. Metacritic has very mixed views about the game but I suppose a lot of the negative reviews were given when it was first released.

Green Man Gaming sent me a voucher code which gave £2 off making it £18.00. I dunno, really not sure whether I'd like it or not but I like the idea of zooming around an inifinite universe.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's certainly a divisive game, I won't pretend otherwise. One thing that I will say about it is that it's so engrossing. Yesterday I played it for about 2 hours and it felt like no time at all. There's just so much to see and find, and it feels pretty satisfying. That being said, it would be @Ian's worst nightmare, he is a very different gamer to me.

Also if you're into the physics of spaceflight then this is not the game for you; you pretty much just point where you want to go.

I'm getting really into it, which I didn't think would happen! I really wish it was compatible with the PSVR, IMO it would be incredible in virtual reality :nod:

Ask a Question