Linux games that run well.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
alice-retour-au-pays-de-la-folie-xbox-360-010.jpg

American McGee's Alice

"American McGee's Alice is a third-person action-adventure developed by Rogue Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts in 2000.

This entry is named after its renowned director and designer, American James McGee, who also worked on the Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Hexen, and Quake sagas. Also, he was in charge of directing the highly successful sequel Alice: Madness Returns and is currently working on the third part called Alice: Asylum.

The game is based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, novels written by Lewis Caroll in 1865 and 1871. Unlike the lighthearted tone of the source texts, this version has a much darker setting. Shortly after the original story, Alice is the sole survivor of a mysterious fire that takes her family and home, making her an orphan.

The excellent soundtrack was directed by Chris Vrenna, winner of a Grammy award with the band Nine Inch Nails, led by Trent Reznor. The sounds were generally composed of toys and voices of women and children. Altered by a great editing process, the title achieved macabre and uncanny music that accompanies the player during the adventure.

The game received positive reviews by critics and high acceptance by the fans. The main points to highlight were its audiovisual resources, which present an innovative and distorted aesthetics concerning the original source.

After being only known as a good title at the time of its release, today, it is considered a cult game. Not only is it a fun, challenging adventure, but it is also a work of art that gave rise to Alice: Madness Returns, a sequel that also achieved a resounding success."

tumblr_ofep4cTJb71qhmulao1_1280.png

Super dooper game and it runs very well indeed on my Arch linux pc. I am running it through Lutris using the Wine runner, simple to set up with no extra hoops to jump through. The downloads are for the wimdows version and I have no idea if they work as well on a windows pc, so do not ask.

Here is a link to the game on my mega cloud storage that also includes three extra .pdf files

, a guide, a manual and a READ ME.

https://mega.nz/folder/jp9BSAra#-4Y1u4-aU1P6MRD4EsCNPg

Thanks floppybootstomp for your enthusiasm for the game which promted me to try it out. :thumb:

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut review: all tomorrow's parties

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut is dystopian science fiction at its finest.

When Human Revolution first came out in 2011, it was praised for its dark, fascinating world, stealth-heavy gameplay and commitment to player choice. The Director's Cut improves on this vision, smoothing the rough patches and offering excellent second-screen play.

2559684-707853_20130611_screen001.jpg

With improvements to the game's flow and excellent second-screen support, the Director's Cut of Human Revolution is the definitive version of an excellent game. Human Revolution would bear replaying even without the enhancements — it's a rare title that combines superb world building and storytelling with such dedication to player choice. I lost myself in the world of Human Revolution, and relished every opportunity to dive deeper into its mysteries.

2559688-707853_20130821_screen001.jpg

https://www.protondb.com/app/238010

This runs excellently on my Arch set up, smooth gameplay, great graphics, fast loading. Only one small glitch is it does not close down from within the game. I have to access another tty and close from there. Apart from that a flawless game.

I have it installed through Steam using the latest proton with the " gamemoderun %command%".

Enjoy

:thumb:

Ask a Question