Links Opening Minimized

Mike Janus

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-
1633IC, 128 bit.

Since I installed some upgrades on July 31, when I right-
click a URL and then click Open in New Window, the new
window opens minimized at the top left of my screen.

This is new behavior since the upgrades. Pages always
opened full when I clicked Open in New Window.

Is there anything I can do to get back to having pages
open full or maximized, rather than minimized?

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

Mike

Don Varnau

Hi,
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close other IE windows. Close that window last.

Don

Mike Janus

I think I didn't make myself clear in the original
message. The link doesn't open as a window at all but as
a bar with only the minimize, restore, and close
buttons. None of the window itelf can be seen, so
there's no way to stretch it.

Robert Aldwinckle

Mike Janus said:
I think I didn't make myself clear in the original
message. The link doesn't open as a window at all but as
a bar with only the minimize, restore, and close buttons.

Look more closely. Is it the Restore button (two window frames
to denote a cascade) or is it the Maximize button (one window frame)?
In any case, right-click anywhere else on that bar. Is there a menu?
Is Size available in that menu? Choose size. That should turn your
mouse pointer into a 4-pointed arrow which will allow you to resize the
window. Note: even if you can't right-click in the bar you should try
right-clicking the window's Taskbar icon which will provide a similar menu. If you prefer the same menu allows keyboard control
over the
window's size and movement.

If it really is a Restore button (i.e. the window is maximized but it doesn't
have any size) something is wrong. You could try using the Taskbar's
Cascade Windows command to restore it with default cascade size and
shape or one of its Tile... commands to restore it with maximum size.
Simply minimize all windows, restore the problem window and then apply
your chosen Taskbar command.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Mike Janus

You solution seems to have worked. It was the Maximize
button, I right clicked on the bar, got the 4-headed
arrow and opened the window. Since then, all seems to be
going well.

Any idea why this happened after I updated Windows?

Anyhow, thanks very much for the help. It's really
appreciated.

Mike

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Mike Janus" <footman10[at]bigfoot.com> wrote in message
I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-
1633IC, 128 bit.

Since I installed some upgrades on July 31, when I right-
click a URL and then click Open in New Window, the new
window opens minimized at the top left of my screen.

This is new behavior since the upgrades. Pages always
opened full when I clicked Open in New Window.

Is there anything I can do to get back to having pages
open full or maximized, rather than minimized?

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

Mike

.