Keep It Alive: Expert searchers needed

Susan Bugher

Program: Keep It Alive
Author: (Peili Chen)
Install: (n.i.)
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 2.4)

info from the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050207015830/pclightning.com/kiadownload.html

<q>
Version 2.4 freeware
Copyright © 1998-2002 Peili Chen

This version of Keep It Alive is freeware, free to install and free to
use. Permission is also granted to distribute it free provided that the
readme.txt file is always within the package, original files remain
unmodified and freeware is clearly stated.

Download here Keep It Alive 2.4 (kia24st.zip 332KB), updated on August
8, 2002, for Windows PC.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050207015830/http://pclightning.com/kia24st.zip

A Do-It-Yourself install version is also available (kia24.zip 213KB) for
experienced users.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050207015830/http://pclightning.com/kia24.zip

Installation

* If you have a previous version of Keep It Alive installed and
running, exit the program first.
* Unzip the downloaded file to a temporary folder (using a
decompressing program such as winzip, from www.winzip.com) and run
Setup.exe to install.
* To uninstall, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
* If you downloaded a DIY installation version KIA21.zip (only
recommended for experienced users), unzip it to any folder and create a
shortcut in Start menu\Programs\startup.
</q>

The name seems especially apt - I would like to "keep it alive". I'm
looking for the last freeware version - either a download link or the
file(s).

TIA :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

mike said:
Hello Susan

There's a version 2 here. I don't know if that's the latest version.

http://www.denwebdsn.com/Downloads/KIA20f.zip

I've also collared it, just in case.

Thanks Mike. AFAICT v 2.4 is the LFW version - as I said in my previous
post. ;)

Program: Keep It Alive
Author: (Peili Chen)
Install: (n.i.)
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 2.4)

The files are (kia24st.zip 332KB) and (kia24.zip 213KB - this is the
no-install version)

If neither of those files can be found we'll go with the last
*available* freeware version - which might be the one you located.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware