just to let you know

Reaction score
Tonight 20.21 16/09/2005 received EMAIL from BBC asking if I liked music! find attached link to listen to it?

Funny I thought don’t know anyone at the BBC or the person it was from [a.p.Griffiths @] so I scanned it! And guess what it had a virus!

This is just a warning :mad:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It is very easy to manipulate your setting in OE and send out messages as if they originated from BBC. You and me can also do that. If you are suspicious about any email like that, check it source and you will know the origin of the email.

Thanks for the heads up as it may just prove very useful to someone :)

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
It is very easy to manipulate your setting in OE and send out messages as if they originated from BBC. You and me can also do that. If you are suspicious about any email like that, check it source and you will know the origin of the email.

Thanks for the heads up as it may just prove very useful to someone :)

Quadophile!

The origin and return path was [anyone @ bbc.ntl.com]
any help to you?
;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes BBC would not be usling ntl.com in their email address ;)

Their address would be anyone at bbc.co.uk

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Yes BBC would not be usling ntl.com in their email address ;)
That’s another thing that made me suspicious.

It really annoys me these little GITS have nothing better to do why not help someone rather than hinder?;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
itsme said:
It really annoys me these little GITS have nothing better to do why not help someone rather than hinder?;)

If everyone had a positive outlook to everything like most on the PC Review this world would surely be a nicer place.

Sometimes we have to live with them. Just cannot help it :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The sad part is ... whoever it DID come from probably did not send it. :(

:rolleyes:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mucks,

That is so True! The likelyhood of senders PC being infected with some sort of virus or worm and it uses the contact list to send out automated emails without the owner having any knowledge about it.

Reaction score
Yeah, on a similar point, how often do people get "invitations" in hotmail from friends to join some SMS network or something. Whenever i speak to people they didnt send it, so how do these people send these emails to everyone on your hotmail address book?

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Yeah, on a similar point, how often do people get "invitations" in hotmail from friends to join some SMS network or something. Whenever i speak to people they didnt send it, so how do these people send these emails to everyone on your hotmail address book?

Same here, I just thought there was a glitch somewhere, as the last person I asked just gave me a really vacant expression, even more vacant than normal!

Reaction score
I always get emails from MYSELF containing viruses (well... Zip files i assume are viruses)! i dont know how that works... bu it sucks!

Ask a Question