A tale of two suppliers

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reported here as was and factual.

About ten days before Christmas I ordered a monitor from OCUK for a cost of around £520 including postage. I had ordered it within their given time frame for next day delivery.

I stayed home all day the following day and it didn't arrive so at around 17:00 hours I phoned OCUK on a landline number and got straight through to a customer advisor. He spoke English I understood and soon confirmed I would not receive my delivery on that day 'due to the sheer volume of Christmas orders' they'd had to deal with.

He was polite so I didn't go mad and cuss him out, just listened. He apologised and promised the delivery for tomorrow and would I accept free postage as some compensation for late delivery? As the delivery was almost £20 I agreed to this.

The next day the monitor arrived and a few days later I received a refund for postage to my bank. Courier: DPD.

On Monday 1st February this week I ordered a pair of trayless hard disk racks from Ebuyer costing £34 the pair also paying a next day postage charge of almost £9.

I stayed at home all day and the goods did not arrive so I emailed Ebuyer (as a business customer, you can't email them as a domestic customer, you have to use their notoriously slow 'E-Note' system) asking them when delivery would be and what they intended to do about my postage charge.

The following lunchtime I received a reply to my email. I had got the order number wrong in my message and they asked me to supply the correct one. So I did, also asking them how come they couldn't trace my order having been given a date; Name; address and goods details.

The goods finally arrived at 16:50 on Wednesday 3rd February after I'd paid > £9 for next day delivery on Tuesday 2nd February.

So far Ebuyer have not replied (Thursday 4th 15:15). The courier was Yodel.

Make your own minds up ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Out of interest, are you a member of the OcUK forums? You can get free shipping if....

This offer applies to
  • OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
  • OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17943556

just need to link your store and forum accounts. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Out of interest, are you a member of the OcUK forums? You can get free shipping if....

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17943556

just need to link your store and forum accounts. :)

I know about the free postage and no, I'm not a member of their forum.

I don't know if it's changed but time was if a member said just one tiny little negative thing about OCUK they were banned for good from the forum. And at the time I did spectate the forums a few times and it was run by a bunch of little Hitlers.

I can't be bothered with attitudes like that.

But maybe they've changed? For sure their trading practices have changed for the better.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tbh I think they're a lot better, Granted they don't like you mentioning competitors, but thats understandable.

Its worth it just from the free delivery. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
E-Buyer can be a tad hit and miss on delivery, mind you I always use the free shipping option. Customer support has always been good for me, I always phone em as I get free phone calls with my super fast broadband.

:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
E-Buyer can be a tad hit and miss on delivery, mind you I always use the free shipping option. Customer support has always been good for me, I always phone em as I get free phone calls with my super fast broadband.

:cool:

There's no free postage on orders under £50 :mad:

Mind you, had I realised that (they don't exactly shout it from the rooftops) I'd have ordered another small item rather than fork out nine quid for postage.

And in my experience free postage from Ebuyer means up to five days, and I seriously don't fancy staying in a whole week for 35 quid's worth of goods. Or any order, come to that matter.

Ebuyers domestic customers have two phone numbers, one prefixed with 08 (expensive) the other prefixed with 03 (I have no idea).

OCUK have a normal UK landline telephone number (effectively free within my mobile monthly plan which is six quid from Virgin for 400 minutes).

Nope, I think I've had it with Ebuyer. All these suppliers are dependent on our cash to pay their rent, the least I expect is not to be treated like a pile of doggy doo.

Ask a Question