BBC iPlayer - Radio Downloader

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/tools/radiodld/

"Radio Downloader allows you to easily download radio station content.

index_screenshot.png
It brings Podcast-like abilities to stream downloading, as well as handling Podcasts. This gives you the convenience of being able to subscribe to regular downloads of your favourite programmes, which you can then listen to on your pc or mp3 player.

Radio Downloader is supported on Windows 7, Vista and XP, and is freely available for your personal use under the GPL.

Radio Downloader requires the .Net Framework 2.0, which you can get via Windows Update, or download from microsoft.com."

I just found this neat little program and it seems to work a treat. Using it for Radio 7 which can be a pain to keep up with all the episodes of a series. RD will download and save al the episodes for you and save them to your hdd so that you can listen to them at your leisure. Also using it to try out The Live Music Hour which features different bands in each episode.

"The Live Music Hour - Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Pig Bag and The High Llamas

Featuring Penguin Cafe Orchestra at Glastonbury, Pig Bag in session from 1981 and The High Llamas in session for Mark Radcliffe from 1994.

Penguin Cafe Orchestra recorded at Glastonbury, Pig Bag in session 1981 and the High Llamas in session for Mark Radcliffe in 1994."

Thought it was time I rounded out my musical tastes and penguins are a favourite subject of mine at the moment.

:D

If you are a UK resident you are allowed to make a recording of any BBC radio program for personal use. Just in case anyone is worried about the legalities. :p An I really do not know if this will work with a proxy so don't bother to ask ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BBC iPlayer? I think it's only for iPad before. I will try it in Windows 7
iPlayer is on the BBC website, its just been released on the iPad this week. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I used to know the bassist in the High llamas, haven't seen him in years though, he used to drink in the Cutty Sark.

I know all the stars I do:dance:

Reaction score
I used to know the bassist in the High llamas, haven't seen him in years though, he used to drink in the Cutty Sark.

I know all the stars I do:dance:
Do you know anyone from the band Dumpy's Rusty Nut's?
They were a top band playing local gigs back in the 80's.:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Do you know anyone from the band Dumpy's Rusty Nut's?
They were a top band playing local gigs back in the 80's.:thumb:

I believe we've been down this road before Mr Feckit :)

I knew Dumpy but haven't seen him in years but am in touch with him sporadically on Facebook.

Early to mid eighties we done lots of bookings together and I secured him lots of London bookings, purely on a non-profit basis on my part cos I liked him and thought the band were good. Call me naive, lol

On the cover of his first live double album is the only dedication I've ever had on an album cover under the 'Thanks to' list is 'Tony & Richard of T F Much Disco'

Oh how my head swelled :dance:

Ask a Question