I won tickets!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I cannot believe this, listening to John Peel this evening, competition details announced for tickets to see The Magic Band at Maida Vale studios next Wednesday. I e-mailed the answer, never expecting to hear a thing, then lo and behold, my name was read out on the radio :)

They must be my favouritest band atm, Captain Beefheart's old backing band (I know, you've never heard of him, but he my favourite), saw them at the Royal festival Hall in January, but missed them at Glastonbury cos I couldn't get tickets.

Woohoo, I feel just a tad excited :D

Congratulations! You've got yourself a pair of tickets to see the Magic Band record a live session for the Peel Show on WEDS 7th JULY.

PLEASE NOTE we will be recording earlier than usual - the Magic Band will be on at 6.30pm so you will need to be at the studio between 6 and 6.30pm.

Many listeners have requested tickets for this recording, so if you can't make it PLEASE let us know so we can give your tickets to someone else!

Could you RSVP to ******************** confirming that you will be able to attend by Monday 5th July Please include your NAME, ADDRESS and CONTACT NUMBER.

*If we have not heard from you by then we will give your tickets to someone else!*

We look forward to seeing you at this very special evening,

Thanks,
Louise
Bloody hell, so those competitions are for real eh? Yabadabbadoo :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well done that man ...

I know, you've never heard of him
I have, I have. :D
only 'cos you sent me a CD of 'em

... are you taking a hidden tape recorder, or are you just going to ask them for a copy of the recording? ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Flops,

Congratulations!:D I know that feeling although it was long time ago.

When I was a teenager I won the 1st prize in a competion on radio where everyone was required to participate in musical quiz, 3 answers were required, I got them all right and my name was announced on the radio.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well done :D Makes up for Glastonbury!

I haven't won anything big before, but I am the raffle master when it comes to fairs (I always seem to win Wine + something random! ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks all :D

Mucks: I'll probably get me Mum to tape it at home, it will be broadcast between 10 & 12 midnight that evening. I may even be back home by then but I doubt it....

I already have an hour's worth of them in Concert from Camber Sands, April 2003, which I taped from radio and burnt to CD, so it ain't so bad if I miss it.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Well done floppy!!

I have tried so many times to get through to Mystery Voice on Johnny Walker show and always failed - I may jsut keep going now...in the end someone has to win and why shouldn't it be me, you or anyone else for that matter?

Have a brilliant nite - write and let us know how it went and all the juicy details!!

Kind regards

Gabriella x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Woohoo, that was good :D

Had to drive up there though, cos fallen trees had blocked the train lines during the storms we're having here.

So that meant no beer :( No probs, it was still brilliant, made me feel all tingly :)

To see what all the fuss was about, it will be broadcast tonight on Radio One John Peel show between 10pm - midnight. You could even tape it....

Probably won't be to everyone's taste, gotta be honest, but if you like it then check out The Radar Station for more info.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Floppy

Good to hear it was a gr8 nite - sorry about the weather - I think we've all had it across the country. I managed to sleep through some apparently scary storms Tues nite but last nite couldn't sleep for the wind and rain.

Hoping to get some zzzzz 2nite. Off now!

Gabriella x

Ask a Question