A Day In The Life (Just Me)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What's going down with me lately...

Last Saturday I done the disco for my daughter's 21st at a pub named the Pelton Arms in Pelton Road Greenwich. It was a surprise party for her, she thought she was going for a meal.

Went on from 8pm to 2am and went down really well. The pub guvnor wants me to do one Saturday a month now. Hey, I still got it :D

I was a little surprised, however, when near the end of the evening my ex-missus grabbed me for a dance and we, well, we danced. We didn't speak though. How odd. I thought we hated each other.

On March 8th I'm doing the disco for Glenn Tilbrook's missus at his rehearsal studio in Charlton, that'lll probably go on all night.

I recently sold 11 plasma screen protectors to a school in Eltham, I think I may have found a new sales angle here.

Currently working on repairing/upgrading a sound system in a dance studio. Original equipment was crap and they've totally managed to fubar the whole system. I have already replaced CD player and now have found two blown bass drivers in a pair of JBL Control 5's and a power amp that is distorting.

Fun and games.

It's not getting dark til at least 5.30pm now, I like this time of year.

Thinking of selling my Mercedes and buying a Transit van. Not much fun but practical and good for work and doing discos.

Thinking of buying a pair of Pioneer CDJ200 CD players for disco and a new mixer as this Citronic mixer is 24 years old and the Numark CD players I have are crap.

I need a new KVM switch as the Rextron one I have won't work with any of the usb mice I have. I'm going to get This one.

My Logi G7 finally went very flakey on me and I'm now using my Mk 1 G5 mouse with main machine. And it's very good.

Recently finished CoD4 single player and Half Life 2 Episode 2. Will now probably attempt to finish Crysis and carry on with Timeshift. May try Portal too, haven't tried that yet.

Am enjoying Crazyleg's fish tank saga, I'm definitely getting me one of them when I move :)

Quite enjoyed watching the DVD that came with the newest Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band's album 'Pour L'Amour Des Chiens'

Very happy with my Nikon D40X SLR after finally getting to know it a little (I've had it since June :blush: ).

Not so happy with the Nikon SL500 digicam's flash facility. It takes great daytime pix but take pix at a party and frankly it's a bit crap. Think I may sell it and get me's a big-bodied Canon digicam again, cos I've had two of them, A40 & A80 and they've both been good.

I am not registering for Glastonbury tickets this year, last year was my last after all that rain, it was thoroughly depressing, and I've been going there since '81. Instead This Festival appeals to me. In Spain. On a Beach.

And that, I think, is about it really, for now. I guess that's kind of a blog really, innit?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems every time you get a disco going, you get more offers for other gigs too :thumb: Must be a good thing :D

Bit of a shame that you might be getting rid of your Merc, but I see what you mean it isn't exactly practical for carting equipment around :lol: Fun though! :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey Flopp's

I always enjoy reading your blogs or posts or whatever you want to call em..

Done mini update no.3 in the early hours of today, and looking at the time you posted this, I was busy writing out my Tank log update and posting that. Just about ready for the fish now and I know some of you are waiting with baited breath on what they are gonna look like..
Small prob as I didn't know Taffycat had posted because the counter is missing from the front of the site and when I clicked what it said new posts never showed up unless I went into the forums manually and looked at the Tank log..

You must be good getting work all over at the mo with the Disco and all..

Careful with the Ex missus you know what you said on my Tank log about fish being more fun..Careful Kevin..:D

Oh and while I remember I was going to mention that Mercs are being stolen in the london area at the moment and stripped for parts that are then being shipped over to africa, the parts sell for 4 times there value over there and thats for older mercs aswell because some mercs over there are 30+ years old and still going strong, So just a word of warning Flopp's..

You might want to get yourself down to the BCA car and van auctions on the A10 great cambridge road Enfield..

BCAEnfield2b400x355.gif

They have a van day sale there on Tuesdays and I seen some vans go through for peanuts, 10 year old vans for like £300 all running and some very clean inside and out..Just a thought Tony..:nod:

No Glastonbury this year then! Can't say I blame you what with it being a washout the majority of the time..

Take it easy now..and watch your back with the missus..;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply CL :thumb:

My Merc actually originated in South Africa in 1984 so I guess it's even more at risk. It's an import.

I also note from news footage and pix that it's a model favoured not only by villains but also by terrorists for car bombs :eek:

I have a steering wheel bar/lock thingie, but that's it.

I have a hospital appointment this Tuesday morning at 9am but if I get away quick enough I may very well nip over to that auction, sounds just what I've been looking for. If I can get a decent one that cheap I might even keep the Merc as well.

I can nip through the Blackwall Tunnel, round the North Circular and get there in about 30 mins if traffic not too heavy.

If not this Tuesday, definitely next week, thanks for the info.

And yes - bring on da fish :D

Oh, as for the ex, it kept my 3 daughters happy to see us dance but I kinda lost the hots for her back in 2000, so no chance... ;) (and I expect the feeling's mutual)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Jason.369 said:
And that wasn't uncomfortable for you? Been a little awkward, maybe?

A little. Didn't really bother me one way or the other, tbh, though I'd have preferred not to dance with her.

I suppose time is a healer. I can actually see a time where we will converse. We did, after all, spend 20 years together.

She took all my worldly goods and at first I was a hater.

But hating is not good, not good at all.

So I'm trying, I'm trying really hard, to ignore the materialistic side of things and concentrate on good feelings, where possible.

It has been a struggle but time mellows and I'm getting there.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Sounds like you've been busy :)
I'd so love to hear you DJ :)
Is John's 50th Birthday this June... think you could pop on over for a night :D
btw... I haven't forgotten about that DVD. Just haven't managed to coincide a time when I had the finances & the opportunity yet. But since I'll be going into town actually during shopping hours this year I should be able to get it off in the not to distant :)

Ask a Question