Bargain Joost free online TV invitations

Reaction score
I offer this up in good faith - It links to a page on my website that also carries a couple of affiliate ads....
If it goes against pcreview rules, let us know! (I'm sure you would)

Just that my site stats show that the link has been added to two forums and pulled by mods :confused:

Joost invites, then - get 'em - they're HOT!

Joost - Joost is a new way of watching TV on the internet and it's FREE!

With Joost, you get all the things you love about TV, including a high-quality full-screen picture, hundreds of full-length shows and easy channel-flipping.

You get great internet features too, such as search, chat and instant messaging, built right into the program - so you find shows quickly and talk to your friends while you watch. And with no schedules to worry about, you can watch whatever you want, whenever you like - as often as you want. Joost is completely free, and works with most modern PCs and Intel Mac-based computers with a broadband connection. Get Joost today!

Free TV - Now showing at Joost: hundreds of full-screen shows from your favourite channels.

Complete control - With Joost, you're in charge. No more schedules - watch what you want, as often as you like!

Get your Joost invitations here:
http://www.softwarecybersleuth.co.uk/joost.htm

This site will give information regarding system requirements, internet connection and bandwidth usage:
http://joostfan.com/2007/02/01/joost-system-requirements/

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Joost invites are hard to come by, so I'm sure this will be useful for members here :) I got one this morning as it happens, and I've just installed it now :D

I installed 4od too, but this requires a bit of modification to work with Vista ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:

I installed 4od too, but this requires a bit of modification to work with Vista ;)

I wasn't aware of 4od until now - it looks pretty good - I wonder if the other terrestrial chanels will do the same?

TV wasn't like this when I were a lad ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta fer the link .
happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I just got an invite ... however, the page to download the software is so full of errors I am unable to navigate or download.

I think they need a new drawing board. ;)

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I just got an invite ... however, the page to download the software is so full of errors I am unable to navigate or download.

I think they need a new drawing board. ;)

:rolleyes:
Mmmm, sorry to hear that :(
Mine's fine, but I've had it about a week - someone told me they upgraded the software Friday last.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has any problems (just an additional two gone out as well as yours to date muckshifter)

muckshifter

Reaction score
No problem Mud, I don't have a TV, was just interested to see how many 'repeats' I could find. :D

;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
umm

Mud and Mucks ...you 2 related :wave:

Waiting excitedly for email reply :thumb:

Reaction score
Rush said:
Mud and Mucks ...you 2 related :wave:

Waiting excitedly for email reply :thumb:

I missed that one ..... I am slow sometimes
wallbash.gif

I'll get your invite off shortly :)

Reaction score
Hi :)

I use Joost and its very good and i also have invites PM me with your Addy and i can send you one, no prob :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
well, I finally have the website coming up no problem, however ...

• Download the Joost software from the link in your invitation email, and then install it by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
  • Start the software
  • [MAC VERSION ONLY] Press "Start Joost" on the first window you see.
  • When you see the "Sign in to Joost" window, click the "Get your Joost Name here" button.
  • The "Get a Joost Name" window appears. Fill out each field as follows:
    • Email address: make sure the email address you enter is the same as the address where you received your invitation email.
    • Joost Name: this is your unique identifier, which will be used to log in if you need to install the software again. Please make sure the name you choose follows the rules on the form. If the name you choose is already taken by someone else, you'll be asked to enter a different one
    • Password: this will be used to log in to Joost the next time you use it
  • Press "OK"
When that's done, Joost will start and you can start watching TV. If you need to install Joost again for any reason, just enter your Joost Name and password when the "Sign in to Joost" window appears - the software will then start normally.

Note that you can also use your Joost Name and password to log in to the website to participate in the forum, change your user profile or download the software again.
the email address you gave does not work ... the software don't seem to like my system ... slow to load, innit. :rolleyes:

If we get all PCR members on this thing, do we need to get a webcam ? :D

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
well, I finally have the website coming up no problem, however ...

the email address you gave does not work ... the software don't seem to like my system ... slow to load, innit. :rolleyes:

:user:

It's still in Beta - maybe that's partly the problem?

Anyone else having problems? Or is muck just plain unfortunate?

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'm in ... :nod:

Got to figure it out now. :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just watched

X-FORCE The science of Diving episode 1

All about diving a wreck 400 feet down off the coast of New Zealand, thats never been seen before, and Tania Streeter freediving to 91 metres...A new freediving record in that part of the world, that lady is amazing, Mad! but amazing..

50 minutes in length and fantastic to watch, if you get the chance take a look, well worth it..:nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well they sent me an invite . I clicked on the link . I downloaded the software . I watched the Gong channel . Easy peasy . Uses about 50% of me procesor power so Crunching still possible . Don't know if its me broadband 512kb but its a bit stop and start whilst watching , but if you let it run in the background whilst doing somthing else and then click on the "restart current program" button it runs through with no problems . Its cool , good quality reproduction and the Gong anamie is just fab .
Is it possible to save the programs to disc? is there any software that would let me do that ?

:thumb::D

Ask a Question