Netflix vs Amazon Prime Instant Video vs Now TV

Editorial Netflix vs Amazon Prime Instant Video vs Now TV

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Netflix vs Amazon Prime Instant Video vs Now TV - A roundup of Subscription Video on Demand in the UK

Introduction

The way that people watch TV is changing. Gone are the days of needing to pay strict attention to the TV schedule; nowadays you can make your own schedule that consists of just the programs and films that you choose to watch, whenever you want to watch them.

Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services are just the latest development in the evolution of TV viewing. As new technology has come along, the way in which we watch TV shows and films has...

Read more about this article...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Amazon Prime for C, H & M.

We have it it here, between the two of us its only £40 each for the year, mostly for the next day delivery, but the on demand has its uses too, and having both the Amazon and Plex apps on the TV are very convenient.

EDIT: Nice article Bex. :thumb:

I didn't realise New TV isn't in 1080p (720p max) I thought 1080p was the 'standard' for on demand stuff these days? Mind you Sky TV is only 1080i, for now.

For me it would be Netflix and/or Amazon If I had to pick one. That said if I could pay less and just have the free delivery from Amazon I would as I don''t use the streaming service that much.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Nice article Bex. :thumb:

Thanks! :)

Yeah it's a real shame that Now TV isn't 1080p, and I wish it had 5.1 surround sound too. To be honest, I think I notice more of a difference between having 5.1 audio and not having it, than the difference between 720 and 1080.

The Entertainment package is only £13.99 for 3 months, making it pretty good value for watching Game of Thrones :D

Ask a Question