Introducing Sky Q, a whole new way of watching TV

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sky today unveils Sky Q, the next-generation home entertainment system, opening up a whole new way of watching TV.

Sky Q makes it easier than ever to access all your favourite TV and brings an even wider range of entertainment to the big screen. A family of advanced Sky Q products connects wirelessly to create a new ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless:
  • Watch shows from your box, whether live, recorded or on demand, anywhere around the home on another TV or tablet
  • Pause viewing on one TV screen and pick up where you left off in another room
  • For the first time, take your favourite shows with you by saving recordings onto your tablet to watch anywhere
    Watch different programmes on up to five screens simultaneously while also recording four other channels
  • Supercharge your Sky Broadband by turning all your Sky Q boxes into Wi-Fi hotspots
    Scroll and swipe the new touchpad remote to choose what to watch on an all-new TV guide
  • Use the powerful search capability of Sky Q to find everything related to a show
    Access an even wider range of entertainment on the big screen including YouTube, Vevo and the best of the web
  • Browse your Facebook photos and stream music wirelessly using Bluetooth or Apple’s AirPlay
After launch in early 2016, Sky Q will keep getting better with a stream of new features and innovations, including more of the best apps and web video. In addition, Sky Q will be Ultra HD ready in advance of the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra High Definition service later in 2016. The new service will offer customers a range of sports, movies, and entertainment content in stunning picture quality with up to four times the detail of HD.

Jeremy Darroch, Sky’s Chief Executive, commented: “Sky Q is a brilliant new way for customers to experience TV on their terms. We wanted to re-imagine TV so that it’s flexible and seamless across different screens and to put a huge choice of entertainment at their fingertips. We think customers are going to love Sky Q and the great news is that it will get even better with much more to come in the future.”

A new family of products
Sky Q’s ‘Fluid Viewing’ experience is powered by a new range of Sky’s most advanced products yet, all designed to work together in one seamless ecosystem. The new range of products includes:

• Sky Q Silver and Sky Q – two new super-slim, powerful boxes for the main TV set, featuring up to 12 tuners and up to 2TB of storage
    • Sky Q Mini – a new plug and play box giving wireless access to Sky Q in other rooms in the home without running cables from the dish
    • Sky Q Hub – the all new Hub has built in Powerline networking technology, so it can use in-home electrical wiring as well as Wi-Fi to communicate with Sky Q boxes, automatically giving the best connection available. The Sky Q Hub also turns Sky Q boxes into Wi-Fi hotspots which means Sky Broadband customers get a stronger signal and better coverage throughout the home
    • Sky Q app - a brand new app for your tablets that lets you enjoy all of the Sky Q experience at home, and take recordings with you and watch live and on demand content on the go

Read More: https://corporate.sky.com/media-cen...roducing-sky-q-a-whole-new-way-of-watching-tv

Register and the kit:

http://www.sky.com/skyq/#showcase

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Seems good, but can bet its going to cost. Also Its annoying they are touting 4K yet still don't broadcast in 1080p!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hmmm... well it certainly looks better than their current offerings, but my first thoughts are about the cost - I bet they're going to charge a high fee :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Is this how they are paying for showing the football?

Seriously at the moment i use most of our sky package, do I want more?
Not sure, if i'm out i'm out and dont want to watch tv on the go, but the kit that comes with it?
Yes would like that the possibilitys of using cutting edge technology on my 3D Smart Tv.

Might however hang back to see how the introduction goes.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Watch different programmes on up to five screens simultaneously while also recording four other channels

Crikey !! I would need ten eyes to manage that. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sky is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

As such Sky TV is taboo in my home.

Murdoch is the one who persuaded the British Public it was ok to pay for TV.

There, Mr Grumpy got that off his chest :)

Ask a Question