is my motherboard dead?

Reaction score
about 3 weeks ago my Power Supply Unit(PSU) started making a disturbing noise... I ignored it planning on getting a new PSU as soon as i could. I wasn't having any problems except for having to always turn the pc on twice before it would boot up properly.

2 weeks ago i turned the PC off and then tried turning it on again a few hours later but nothing shoed up on the screen. There were a few clicks coming from the mobo as soon as i turn the power on which didn't used to happen. Everything else sounded like it was working properly, But its hard to tell what was happening without being able to see anything on the screen. The PSU was still grinding. It was a 500W.

Then 1 week ago i got my new PSU (500W) and installed it and everything was working fine. No clicks, no noise, nothing! I used it about 5 times over the last week with no problems.

Now this morning i tired turning it on and the clicks were back! it's def coming from the Mobo. The new PSU is working fine-no noise...

Anyone know what causes this and if it can be fixed or if i just need to get a new one... its a gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G.

Thanks!

Reaction score
its a moving part (FAN) which is faulty or there is a cable that keeps touching the fan.

I suggest you open the case without laying it down or anything and see where the noise is coming from.

Ask a Question