An upsetting NEW motherboard issue

Reaction score
Arrrrggghhhhh %$(*KJHS()$**

Also sent an email to Asus.

Exactly as below

"I received my new board with FW 1202. The board had been working fine previous but decided to update due to a future CPU upgrade.

It was currently running 1202. I flashed using Internal BIOS flash software. The Bios told me flash had completed so I turned off machine rebooted and nothing happened. I removed battery and power cord and tried again.
It booted once. It will not longer boot the Green Boot Q-LED stays on telling me a fault is present. I have tried for 5 hours using a flash drive to reflash 1202 back using flashback feature on rear of board with a fat32 flash drive. CPU, Memory and GPU have been removed.

The LED starts flashing green after initial press to start then goes solid green. It is a brand new machine 2 weeks old."

I have tried swapping memory slots. Different flash drives, Dropping BIOS and throwing it out of window :( J/K

I'm livid....

Any ideas guys

TIA

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
New equipment which is not working as it should is the most frustrating thing to happen. If I were you I would wait for a response from Asus before I make my next move. :nod:

Good Luck!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Who did you buy it through? Might be worth going via retailer if Asus don't have a fix for it.

I had big problems flashing one of my Intel made motherboards a few years ago, but thankfully I was able to use flash recovery to get it going again.

Does the flashback feature show anything on screen at all after completing?

Reaction score
It completed. Told me flash successful so i closed down. Rebooted nothing. Then remembered to drop BIOS and reboot again. Did that. It booted once to windows. Nothing since

Asus have given me the run of the mill "did you shut power off while it was updating" malarkey and
" here are some guides etc"

Nothing worked.

See what else they come back with.

I bought it from Amazon so easy to return just a pain to have to

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I bought it from Amazon so easy to return just a pain to have to
Ah that's good then, at least you'll have a working one within 48h if needed.

Interesting that it booted once though. Are there any fault LEDs that confirm it's a BIOS problem? I wonder if it's something odd like some other hardware (GPU, etc.) not seated properly.

Reaction score
No idea what the problem is.

Asus replied again instructing me to return to online retailer. I knew that was coming

Ok time to start stripping and making arrangements I guess :(

Hmmm only a refund is available. Apparently it was honoured by Amazon but supplied by ADMI
So no replacement option, Only a refund???

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry you had to go through this. Let us know when all is in place and you get a replacement. :(

Reaction score
Ok Motherboard posted back today. 5-7days until I get a refund...Nice. Not!

Question is shall I wait or just buy another board before the refund is issued? Hmmmm
Don't think I will go with the Asus again though!
They are getting lots of negative feedback on Amazon regarding different boards

The search begins :D

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully. Should have arrived today. Certainly first thing tomorrow

Got my eye on this:

And this:

I wont be going back to 1Gb ethernet now. I think 2.5 should be standard on all boards. Manufacturers that don't fit 2.5 are just lazy imo

Reaction score
Nah I'm not a content creator. I also have some 5Gbe network cards as well here so they will be installed
Spent a lot of money networking the flat and buying a 10Gbe hub so I think enough is enough.

Good news is that my Refund is on its way. Phew...Was expecting partly to fight for it. But no questions asked (as it should be)
Anyway will be ordering new board over next couple of days ;)

Reaction score
Yeah I suppose I can. Just honestly waiting for some opinions on the board.

Never owned a Strix board before but heard they are great. Not really into the ARGB/Aura Sync gimmicky stuff but should future proof me for best part of 10years?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose I can. Just honestly waiting for some opinions on the board.

Never owned a Strix board before but heard they are great. Not really into the ARGB/Aura Sync gimmicky stuff but should future proof me for best part of 10years?
I don't have any personal experience with any gaming board, but yes, wait another day and hopefully, someone will chime in :cheers:

Ask a Question