Insufficient disk space to fix volume bitmap. chkdsk aborted

Reaction score
hii everyone
I have an external HDD which was functioning well at morning but it was nearly full (about 25Gb free) and now when I plugged it in the drive shows up but whenever I try to open it I get ( F:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable)
I tried the ( chkdsk /f F: )command on cmd and when it ends I get (insufficient disk space to fix volume bitmap. chkdsk aborted)
Please help

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It looks like the drive may have bad clusters. Instead of using Windows diagnostics try the HD makers tools by downloading it and running it before attempting anything.

Let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
It looks like the drive may have bad clusters. Instead of using Windows diagnostics try the HD makers tools by downloading it and running it before attempting anything.

Let us know how it goes.
Actually I ran a (chkdsk F: /F /R /V) command and when it ended I was able to open the disk but there was lots of files gone
I didn't find them
But I noticed that when I check the storage of the disk their is much occupied space than the actual space of files I can see

Ask a Question