installing Apps With Ubuntu

Reaction score
How can I install apps I've downloaded to a cd in Ubuntu 9.10? I'm a complete Ubuntu novice so please be specific and give me a detailed answer.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is not always the case but usually if you go to the repository and double click on the unzipped/un-rar'ed file it will just install.

If it gets deeper than that then I'm lost as well without seeking help ;)

Reaction score
I,ve got the unzipped app on my ubuntu 9.10 desktop. When I double click on it the file browser opens and shows the the included files. When I double click on on install another file browser opens.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingsoftware

happywave.gif

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
seafox said:
How can I install apps I've downloaded to a cd in Ubuntu 9.10? I'm a complete Ubuntu novice so please be specific and give me a detailed answer.
Um... which "apps"? Downloaded from where? "Uunzipped app"... was it "zip compressed" (instead of .tar.gz or bz2)?

Questions, questions, I know... but knowing a bit more would – mayhaps – lead into a simpler solution (finding a "double click to install" .deb package or a repository).

happywave.gif

Ask a Question