In Urgent Need Of Help**bad_system_config_info

Reaction score
Okay, so i have a gateway duo computer that i purchased around november of 06, so its pretty recent. I was transfering some old documents from an old computuer today. I ended up restarting my computer just to refresh it after all the file transfering i had done. So when i restarted my computer it said i didnt have an audio device loaded for playback, which is not true considering the computer is for Multimedia uses. Anyways, on other occasions i would get a blue screen flashed at me and i would have to select SAFE MODE and fix the issue. NOW it wont even let me do that because when i select SAFE MODE or any other option it gives me, it just turns off and does the same thing over and over and over. the error im getting is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. Now i have read somewhere that i have to turn off memory modules, but how can i fix this issue if i cant even get the computer to a semi-normal state of being functional? On the bottom of this blue screen it says
TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
***STOP:0X00000074 (0X00000003, 0X00000002, 0X80087, 0XC000014C)
Im pretty technically inclined when it comes to computers so anything anyone could offer me would be a great help. I have a huge project for work thats on the computer with the issue, so if anyone could get back to me as soon as possible that would be great.

Thank you

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This error is normally caused by bad memory ... change it. :thumb:

Feckit did point you in the right direction ... ;)

:user:

Reaction score
There was an old thread about this.. didnt turn out to be memory, but what final solution was it doesnt say, it just gives a few tips.. may save you splashing out on more ram though..

See here

Ask a Question