Windows 7 IE 10 for Windows 7

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
If anybody is interested/ not interested. The final version of IE 10 is now avaiable for download for Windows 7

Download

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Any good? .

Installed it, restarted comp. It did the whole installing 89%.... thing, restarted then gotstuck on the windows splash screen and wouldn't budge. Started in safe mode, uninstalled and back to IE 8, computer started fine. MS can keep 10. IE 8 and Waterfox for me thanks.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sometimes we have to have patience for the bugs to be ironed out. I know, I know, we are geeks and patience does not belong in our dictionaries :lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I just installed it on my new Samsung laptop and no issues whatsoever. :D

I do want to add that I updated Windows first with all the new updates rolled out by Microsoft including Windows 7 platform update which was an essential update for all future updates.

IE 10 is pretty fast and responsive unlike any other from the past. So far so good, will come back if there are any hiccups along the way in the next few days.

We have to wait and see.:nod:

Attachments

• capture_001_26022013_194919.jpg
    capture_001_26022013_194919.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 269

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not totally scientific, but interesting....

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It does not hurt to have all the browsers installed, that way you can choose which one to launch based on what you want to accomplish with the browser that does that function better than the others. :)

I always have at least three of them on the windows machine. Some sites even in today's age are browser dependent so the formatting is more suited to one of them, ideally all sites should be browser independent that way the user can get the best experience. I remember Ian worked hard initially when the new PC Review was upgraded and he made sure that the forum looks and functions well irrespective of which browser was being used.

As for speed of browsers, yes the graph does say which one is faster than the other but when it comes to the speed of computer sometimes the difference is negligible. Few nanoseconds faster or slower means nothing in real world computing. We humans do not react that fast! Few seconds? Yes, we can discern that for sure.

Just my 0.02 cents

Ask a Question