Windows XP I can't uninstall iTunes help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a fine day :)

Recently my iTunes has been acting odd, so I decided to reinstall it. I get most of the way through, and then it brings up this error:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a netowrk resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'iTunes.msi' in the box below"."

Of course I tried to look for this installation package, but couldn't find anything. I've tried installing it from itunes.com again, but the same message appears. It's come to the point where I can't even use iTunes anymore. I don't know what to do and It's driving me crazy! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Reaction score
Reaction score
I suggest you to use any uninstaller programs!!! But a better suggestion is to rather than using a dedicated one like that
you can go for softwares like tuneup. Even kids can use 'em. It got all you want to really TUNE-Up your PC!!

try that one... Tune up 2007's got more than you think!!

Reaction score
I tried CCleaner and when i tried to uninstall it gave me the same message

and when I tried to delete entry, then it said "cannot delete MSI installer"

this stupid program just won't quit.

I also tried to use TuneUp and I couldn't seem to have any luck.

I'm beginning to think that the only solution is to reformat my whole computer, which sucks

Reaction score
No need to reformat your computer cuz of iTunes.
If CCleaner didn't make it, you can try with System Guard 2 , I gave you the link. If no, that would mean sth or some1 is still using the program: Maybe iTunes contain a virus ( infected!). Please, try all unninstall solution you find, if neither of it work, post a HijackThis Log.
Cheers and good luck!

Reaction score
haha, what a mess this is.

I tried LifeGuard and iTunes isn't even on the list of programs. I then tried to reinstall itunes, but it does the same thing. When I press cancel, it says

"the older version of iTunes cannot be uninstalled. Please contact your technical support group"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi GsQuak,
I've had the same problem as you. I'm trying to remove Microsoft Plus! Photo Story 2 LE. A message says: error 27000 - fatal error during installation. I tried using CCleaner but says: cannot delete msinstaller.

I tried removing the program from the registry but now the "remove" button in "add/remove programs" is missing. However, I can bring it back by restoring that branch of the registry.

Anyone have any ideas how to remove a Microsoft program?

Ask a Question