Windows XP iTunes/iPod

Reaction score
My 80g iPod started going into recovery mode for no reason the other day..So I did as you do and did a factory restore..iPod now restored, no problem..iPod can be seen in My Computer and in Windows Explorer, but not seen in iTunes...I have removed iTunes via Add/Remove Programs and then used Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to clean up and other bits left behind..I've also cleaned up the registry of anything iPod/iTune related..After doing that I have Installed the latest iTunes..Waited a few hours while all of 100gig of music was imported to iTunes etc..Plugged in my iPod to sync music to it..But hey presto iTunes doesn't see my iPod...I am at my wits end and have run out of ideas..been to every other forum I can find for help, but find nothng but a bunch of i**ots making out to be iPod guru's when infact they couldn't put two lego blocks together...Please help if you can

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Me little Sis had similar problem with the 8GB Nano, eventually her Uber Clever boyfriend figured it out, try changing the drive letter,

I: seems to work well.

Reaction score
Problem solved..Gave it to a mate who is a Linux guru, he mucked abut for a few minutes..Apperently it was a corrupt "iPod Control" file..Restored it it and updated firmware..At least now it is recognised on my Mac..Don't really care if its not seen on my Xp laptop....WooooHoooo cna listen to music at work again...

Edit: Changed drive letter to Z:....I can see iPod in iTunes on Xp machine now, cheers Waynos..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Problem solved..Gave it to a mate who is a Linux guru, he mucked abut for a few minutes..Apperently it was a corrupt "iPod Control" file..Restored it it and updated firmware..At least now it is recognised on my Mac..Don't really care if its not seen on my Xp laptop....WooooHoooo cna listen to music at work again...

Edit: Changed drive letter to Z:....I can see iPod in iTunes on Xp machine now, cheers Waynos..

Glad you got it sorted out. :)

Regards,

Wiz

Ask a Question