Windows XP Help with iTunes

Reaction score
i have a windows xp and we jsut restored our computer to factory settings. When I downloaded iTunes, the setup went fine, but when I tried to open the actual program, it read this:

"iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."

I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it over and over again, but it still doesn't work.
Anyone have any advice? If not, you have any programs let you sync your iPod without iTunes?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It sounds like your installation of XP is corrupted.

When you say 'Restored to factory settings' what exactly did you do?

And as far as I know there isn't any other software other than I-Tunes that will sync an I-Pod, though I may be wrong.

Reaction score
First we got a keylogger on our computer which we couldn't get off. Then we went into the system restore thing, but it said that it was saving all of our files and saved data, but restoring all of our programs back to what the computer came with, which is not what we wanted. We wanted a whole system reboot, all data gone. But the complete system restore did not work, so we tried this cause all we really wanted to do was get the keylogger off and I heard it's good to restore your system once a year or so. So we did all that jazz mentioned, and I downloaded some programs such as Firefox, and iTunes. Firefox worked fine, but when I installed iTunes and opened it, it said there was an error. If I restore our computer again, will it fix the problem?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sounds as Flops has said you may have a corrupt Windows install - if your happy to install again, then do a proper re-install Windows rather than a System Restore making sure you format the Hard Drive.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It sounds like your installation of XP is corrupted.

When you say 'Restored to factory settings' what exactly did you do?

And as far as I know there isn't any other software other than I-Tunes that will sync an I-Pod, though I may be wrong.

Haven't a clue if these work ok but you may be able to use these flops .

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050816_sync_ipod_with_windows_media_player_10.html

user.gif

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
try this as an alternative click me

what ive found for myself is that itunes doesnt like windows being reinstalled........it has caused me nothing but grief and my ipod shuffle still refuses to work properly

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
pikakilla said:
what ive found for myself is that itunes doesnt like windows being reinstalled........it has caused me nothing but grief and my ipod shuffle still refuses to work properly
Can't see what the difference is between putting iTunes on a new PC with Windows already installed and putting it on a PC with a re-install - they are both the same surely?

Never had a problem with that kind of thing at my end.

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Can't see what the difference is between putting iTunes on a new PC with Windows already installed and putting it on a PC with a re-install - they are both the same surely?

Never had a problem with that kind of thing at my end.

well since i reinstalled windows my itunes refuses to work properly.....ive reinstalled itunes twice....reset my ipod countless times and it still doesnt work

after i reinstall itunes and connect my ipod everything is fine....itunes can see my ipod........so i start to put tracks on it and it syncs ok.

when i then go to listen to my ipod nothing happens....by checking the seqeunce of lights the ipod says the ipod has nothing on it......so i plug it back into the pc and it fails to find it.

everything worked ok till i had reinstall windows

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Must just be something else at your end - I've done it several times with mine without a problem :confused:

Ask a Question