Ipod / Itunes Expert

Reaction score
I got a new Ipod touch for xmas (woo!) and so far i'm finding Itunes a pain to use!

I put a load of CDs onto it and put them onto my Ipod. When my mother plugged in her Ipod Shuffle a load of the songs I put on wouldn't go onto her's as they had exclamation marks next to them!! Any idea why?

Also, she has deleted a lot of stuff from Itunes and added her own stuff. I want to plug my Ipod back in to put some more stuff on, but I don't want it to automatically delete what is already on my Ipod!! Is there a setting you can put on Itunes where it won't automatically delete what's on the Ipod and replace it with what's on Itunes.

:confused: :mad:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
The exclamation marks are there because when you have moved the file after putting the music on to it.

For example, if you have music in My Music then add it to itunes it needs to stay in My Music, if you delete it or move it to say my Documents then thats why you get the exclamation marks.

Best bet is to add all your music and your mums, then make her, her own playlist which she can put on her ipod, if she persists on deleting your music then slap her :lol:.

You can add all your music then just select individual playlists to add to your ipod, you don't have to put all the music on.

Hope this helped.

The option you want is to manage your own m usic,just click through the tabs and turn the autosync off as we.

Reaction score
My daughter has one of these ipods and all she seems to down load is music. Can they only be used to listen to music or can you down load radio? And what is it about this music,and I use the term loosely, that youngsters find so addictive. It`s every where,music that is,in shops in doctors surgerys.Soon no doubt to be heard on the underground (heaven help us) I would go as far and say that the noise played does not "sooth the savage breast" but instead inflames it. No wonder our kids are going off their heads.
historian

Reaction score
historian said:
My daughter has one of these ipods and all she seems to down load is music. Can they only be used to listen to music or can you down load radio? And what is it about this music,and I use the term loosely, that youngsters find so addictive. It`s every where,music that is,in shops in doctors surgerys.Soon no doubt to be heard on the underground (heaven help us) I would go as far and say that the noise played does not "sooth the savage breast" but instead inflames it. No wonder our kids are going off their heads.
historian

Well you can listen and download music on it, if you have one of these then you can listen to the radio on it to...You can also dwnload games for an iPod..Really what you can do with one depends on what one you have. As for what youngsters find so addictive about the music, (erm and i'm sort of a youngster) depends on the music..Although i'd say mostly its more of a culture thing, and that some people just listen to a certain tyope of music just to fit in...
As for music on the underground, well thats already there in the form of buskers..Music makes the world go round for some people unfortunately...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Music makes the world go round for some people unfortunately...

Music makes the world go round for me, always has done.

Does this make me unfortunate? :D

My goodness, I'm a lost cause.....

And there's bugger-all trendy about what I listen to, unless it's coincidental. If I like it, I like it, full stop. Me not a fashion victim (well, hardly surprising at my age I guess).

Currently listening to a double CD of Rock Steady, '65 -'71, excellent stuff :thumb:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Music makes the world go round for me, always has done.

Does this make me unfortunate? :D

My goodness, I'm a lost cause.....

And there's bugger-all trendy about what I listen to, unless it's coincidental. If I like it, I like it, full stop. Me not a fashion victim (well, hardly surprising at my age I guess).

Currently listening to a double CD of Rock Steady, '65 -'71, excellent stuff :thumb:

You been on the sauce again tonight Uncle Flopps...?Music certainly makes my world go round...Just unfortunate for the people that are around me when i'm listening to it..haha

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:

You been on the sauce again tonight Uncle Flopps...?Music certainly makes my world go round...Just unfortunate for the people that are around me when i'm listening to it..haha

I am always on the sauce my friend, truly one of the few pleasures I have now, have so far consumed about 4 cans of Guinness which isn't particularly over the top I think you'd agree :)

I purposely bought a set of Sennheisser headphones that block noise on playback from my I-Pod to people surrounding me, nothing more annoying than some **** broadcasting tss tss tss to the whole bloody train carriage.

But one day, some miserable old git complained to me about some kid's headphones making a noise expecting me to be sympathetic. I said to him - it don't bother me and it makes that kid feel good, if you don't like it, change seats, lol

He looked at me as if I'd just been dug up from a very smelly grave.

Huh! I don't like moaners and haters.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Gosh I wish I could afford an iPod. :p

I paid £13 for a 1GB player.

I can only get five albums on it or about 15 hours worth of radio plays on it.

Its a real pain to wipe out the old albums etc and load up new ones. It takes about 5 minutes in total.

It is a real pain to recharge the battery. you can do it from the pc, or through a wall socket with the free plug/usb adapter. I can charge it up in the car with the £4 adapter I bought for the cigaret socket.

I have tried to watch movie clips on it. Using free software it took about 5 mins to recode some short music vids and about 2 mins to load them up. They played back nicely buy it was a pain holding the magnifying glass steady.

So by 'eck I wish I could afford a iPod.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Make your own playlist that helps alot.

I have the 2nd generation 32gb version, love it. I have so many applications on it! Used to have 1st generation one, but dropped it so many times lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been using Winamp on one machine/one iPod this past week and it really is superb :thumb:

So much easier to use than i-Tunes and you can read the i-Pod just like a hard disk, none of that worrying about i-Tunes doing all the 'synchronising' for you.

I may start a thread, a kind of mini-review if you will, about my experience.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah that would be awesome flopp's...will look forward to reading it..:nod: :thumb:

GSX

Reaction score
Does this allow you to transfer music from the i-pod to your HDD which I tunes will not? Like the sound of that Rock Steady album Flopps, Guiness and Ska -what a combination!!
Personally I wouldn't be without my i-pod and creative mp3 player. If I'm not using them it's comforting to know they're around.
Abarbarian, I like your style!!
icon6.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
GSX ;) :D

Flopp's go for the mini-review. :thumb: I'm sick of reading threads about folks woes with iTunes :p
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, you can take tunes from the I-Pod using Winamp.

A mini-review?

'k, I'll see what I can do.

No work at the moment. snowed in, I'm just meandering around aimless, can't get motivated :(

What I should be doing is making and posting out flyers and phoning customers to try and get work but I'm in a state of limbo.

Anybody care to give me a hard kick to the rear? ;)

Ask a Question