How to check how fast your memory is running

CSB

Reaction score
I started wondering last night, a feature of the Sabertooth mobo is that you can use a wide range of memory with it and the board can change the speed of the memory to make it compatible. You can even press a button on the mobo if needed.

What I wanted to check was as it says in the title. is CPUZ any good? if so, wheres a good site thats a trusted download ?

Whilst I'm at it, what other software aids do you guys use to probe your pc hardware ???

Rob

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks to both, well I found out what speed my memory is running at and I can't believe it, was probably part of the reason why GTA 4 performed so badly.

Bios says its currently running at 1066Mhz (WTF). memory is rated at 2000Mhz so I'm pratically getting half the speed, why do you think the mobo has refused to run it at 2GHz ?

P.s, thats certainly a catalogue of helpful tools you listed there V_R.

Last edited:

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Might help if you run CPU-Z then do a screenshot and post it so people can see what the other items are running at.

I'm curious to see if the CPU is at 3Ghz.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some BIOS's will start computer running at a default speed

Example My DDR memory is supposed to run at 400Mhz however default speed in BIOS is 333Mhz

A quick change in BIOS and all is fine

CSB

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of CPUZ results.

Attachments

• CPUZ 1.png
    CPUZ 1.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 732
  • CPU Z 2.png
    CPU Z 2.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 743
  • CPU Z 3.png
    CPU Z 3.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 636
  • CPU Z 4.png
    CPU Z 4.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 513

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks for the links V_R, am a bit lost after looking at all that lol. To be honest you did lose me after quoting some terminology.

Will try to take some of it in tomorrow.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
V_R is spot on you're getting what looks like odd readouts because speedstep is enabled.

Your pic shows the CPU just idling at well below its rating.

If you put that CPU under full load you'd see all those values increase.

Ask a Question