ASUS Mobo Memory

CSB

Reaction score
Hi all, Been a long time sice I was on here last.

My younger brother wanted to upgrade his older PC, It has the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard and currently has 2 X 1GB DDR 3200 184 Pin Elixir type Memory (Mobo supports 4GB Max and can be Dual Channel to bump up the speed to 800 Mhz I think, currently running at 400 Mhz)

If he wanted to use all 4 X 1 GB Slots, Would he have to use the same Elixir type memory so its all the same brand, or can he keep those 2 sticks in the first 2 slots and use a different brand like Transcend in the remaining 2 slots ???

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Rob aka CSB

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wow long time no see Rob, still got the 6800GT i see, :)

Generally it can be any brand, but if one set is slower it will all run at the slower speed. ;)

CSB

Reaction score
Hi V_R

Thanks for the reply, I no longer have the PC as I gave it to my brother when I moved to Wales 2 years ago, he was asking me the other day about what memory I had in it and what I recommend he do to use the 4GB Limit

I think he still uses it for his Lord Of The Ring games and Warcraft amongst many others, I lose track what he's into these days

I plan to build a New PC sometime in the future, just need to save first, there's no point in waiting for a paticular time though, as you and everyone knows that if you build a PC tomorrow, they'll be something released the following month thats better anyway

I did read in Custom PC Mag a few months ago about intels I7 CPU ?, has it had good reviews ?, I can't remember what the mag said now

Hope everyone is well here ?

Rob

Ask a Question