• Fair

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
historian said:
Hi Itsme.

I`ve just bought two computers both came with Vista. One of them ,a laptop,was for my daughter,the other a desk top is for me. So far we both like Vista,it really is not so different from XP.True you have to find your way around it,but that was case in XP. So what is it that you don`t like about Vista Itsme. I think we shall wait awhile to see how Windows7 pans out.
But please let me know your experience with Vista.
Ta.
historian :)

Well with Vista there were so many bugs and glitches etc one could not achieve with any form of confidence any sort of task IE are you sure you want to open this program [yes] are you sure your sure you want to open this program > well I mean I would not have clicked it had I not wanted to run it, so I decided to go back to XP knowing that one day a far superior OS would arrive and it has Windows 7 It is brilliant ***** rating from me anyways…

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like UAC, you can turn it off you know. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The only really bad thing about Vista was that it was slower than XP, simple as that really.

UAC could be disabled and apart from it's speed it wasn't that bad. But bad it was, I'll admit that.

There were also a million and one little annoying quibbles that Win 7, for the most part, has addressed.

One of those quibbles, for an example, was the drop down menu to create a new folder. Win 7 has a single button for that. A small detail I'll grant you but it's those little irritations that make a person biased against an OS.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The only really bad thing about Vista was that it was slower than XP, simple as that really.

UAC could be disabled and apart from it's speed it wasn't that bad. But bad it was, I'll admit that.

There were also a million and one little annoying quibbles that Win 7, for the most part, has addressed.

One of those quibbles, for an example, was the drop down menu to create a new folder. Win 7 has a single button for that. A small detail I'll grant you but it's those little irritations that make a person biased against an OS.

Yes nail on the head there FBS:nod:

The UAC I turned off which made the PC vunrable well not to me but a novice could have problems :)

Sloooowwwwwwwwwww Yes <<<<<<<<:bow:

Yep like me biased! unlike now with Windows 7:thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Gonna install W7 Professional 64-bit on my other machine later, got it free from uni so might as well give it a try
user.gif

Never got on with vista but i'm gonna have to move to this sooner or later

Reaction score
Hi,

I,ve rated it as poor but mainly because I,m new to it and can,t get anything working like it did on xp-I,ll list the problems in new posts.

Andy

Reaction score
I gave it a "fair"-rating, which is not fair in the sense that the other day, I just recommended Win 7 to my sister who's purchasing a new laptop. In comaprisson with Vista, Windows 7 is a no-brainer choice, but if you have a stable XP-environment with all things running at 120 MPH, stick with it.

My personal feeling towards Win 7, and as a matter of fact, "XP-mode" is like this:

You go to your local car dealer to buy a Ferrari, the salesman asks you, hey, why don't buy this brand new truck? Well yes it does eat a lot more gas, but it's heavier and sturdier and thus, safer. Yes, it's a bit slower because of all the limitations and toll stations, but it takes you where you want to go, or to most of those places. But you really like that Ferrari so much huh? Well, why don't you buy it and put it in the trunk of the truck, and while you're on the road, you can sit behind the wheel in the Ferrari, pretending that you're driving while the truck's rolling forward? This way, you can have them both, makes sense?

I'm not saying XP is a Ferrari, but to call it an old/outdated OS is a bit premature, we are only at SP3. Anybody remembers how many ServicePacks NT4.0 had? I recall 6.0a being the last servicepack for NT4.0. MS, IMHO, will have to extend support for XP beyond 2014, due to the lack of direct upgrade path from XP to Win7.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
XP is starting to nudge 10 years old.

Hardware has moved on a great deal in ten years, almost an eternity the way computer hardware progresses.

XP was/is good, possibly Microsoft's best offering ever, but it IS outdated.

Win 7 addresses current day hardware, best it can.

As for the cosmetic changes, some are good, some are not, those are quirks peculiar to any OS, be it a Linux Distro or OSX, as well as Windows.

Win 7 works well for me, I'm happy with it and to still champion XP is verging on Luddite mentality now, imo.

Ask a Question