Windows 7 W7/Windows Experience rating

Reaction score
Ok I am somewhat connfused by this Windows rating thing in Windows 7. When I have checked the rating in the past since installing W 7 it has normally been 5.6. Then last night I checked it again and it has dropped to 3.6. I have re-run the test a few times, but still get 3.6. I have made no change to my computer other than changing the cheap PC world memory for some Crucial memory of the same spec. I am baffled.

Windowsexperieince.png

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah, well not to put a too finer point on it, the score you seeing now is around what I would expect

to be equally as honest, them "ratings" are a bit misleading ... your HD is better than your CPU. :wink:

:user:

my 5 year old with a 9800gt

Attachments

• score.PNG
    score.PNG
    116.3 KB · Views: 439
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
to be equally as honest, them "ratings" are a bit misleading ... your HD is better than your CPU.

t

I think I will go for the score been misleading as this is the processor I have Dual-Core E5200 "LGA775 Core 2" 2.50GHz
as suggested bu V_R in the thread below.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3778837-1.php

I mean its no biggy, the machine runs perfectly fine to be honest.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay too much heed to that rating, it's very dependent on whatever is the weakest component.

FWIW, mine's 5.9 (spec in sig). It was 5.7 within Vista :confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wouldn't be the graphcs drivers would it? The last lot (the ones i posted a few weeks ago) were total crap for me.

But as said, dont pay too much attention to the score, its not that important.

Its based on the lowest sub score (usually a hard drive as 7 rates a platter drive at 5.7 or 5.9 iirc) no mtter what the rest of the scores.

Reaction score
V_R said:
Wouldn't be the graphcs drivers would it?

I did think of that earlier actually. As i've noticed playing GTR isn't as good as it was before I updated. I have a huge pile of invoices to finish and then I am going to remove drivers and install others and give that a go I think.

Ask a Question