REFRESH RATE

Reaction score
HELLO,I am using an old model monitor, dell p7771p. Recently I installed windows 7 ultimate. Now I am unable to change refresh rate,there is no option on the monitor tab only have"Use hardware default setting'. Driver update shows'Best driver already installed'.But aero trouble shooter indicates" contact manufacture for driver'. When it was windows xp I could change the refresh rate. Here are hardware info. Adapter-standard vga graphic adapter, chip type-ATI rage 128, BIO- 01.000. PC- DTK-MS-6566. Could you please help to fix this problem without buying a new vedio card? Thanks

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Do you have the right drivers installed for that graphics card from the ati site?

Reaction score
Hello Mr. Reefsmoka, Thanks for your reply, as you pointed out I didn't install the driver from the ATI. I have tried so much but failed to complete. Here is info. the current driver. Driver provider- Microsoft. Driver date-6.21-2006. Driver version- 6.1.7600.16385. Digitel signer-Microsoft Windows.If I should install the driver, please give the link and steps to uninstall the current driver and install a new one.THANK YOU.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Use the link below. Once you have the link open in a new browser, select " Automatically detect and install " at the top right of the screen.

As a general rule don't use Windows updates to update drivers, rather go t the manufacturers website and download the drivers from there.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Reaction score
Hi Even Davis, I followed your instruction in "automatically detect and install' the auto detecter says ' We were unable to find your product or os' at the same time it shows ' Hardware- 0*5046 agp and os- windows vista 32 but my os is windows 7 ultimte.Also I checked on other new pc,it says' We were unable..... would you please try one more to fix the problem. Thanks very much.

Ask a Question