    How can I enable the Aero effect?

    My VGA card is ATi X300, and have 128M memory.

    but where can I enable the AERO?

    yao, Nov 4, 2006

  2. yao

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Rick Rogers, Nov 4, 2006

  3. If you have the WDDM drivers installed as Rick suggested and you still don't
    get Aero, its possible you might have enable it manually. Right click your
    Desktop > click Personalize > click Windows Color and Appearance > under
    themes > select Windows AERO > OK.

    If it still does not appear, try updating your Windows Experience Index
    Score. Click Start > right click Computer > click Properties > click the
    Update Score link, accept UAC message.
    --
    Andre
    Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 4, 2006
  4. yao

    Travis King Guest

    In addition to this, how much system RAM do you have? If you have less than
    1GB of RAM, you need to do a registry hack to get Aero Glass to work if you
    using the latest and last public build - 5744.

    Travis King, Nov 4, 2006
  5. 512, thanks for that tip Travis. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 4, 2006
  6. yao

    Travis King Guest

    You're welcome. ; )

    Travis King, Nov 4, 2006