Help

Reaction score
Wow this is confusing as hell, well its hidden and i go into windows explorer and find where it says to show hidden files and folders, and guess what? its already hit but this folder remains hidden...

Reaction score
well i havnt, i found the folder, but the smss.exe file is missing, however it shows it in task manager, just not in the folder that aparantly my computer wants it in

Reaction score
but i guess there IS an smss file in there...but what i dont get is why would it not be it? this is all very confusing if anyone can shed light on this please do so

Reaction score
all right its there. but when i log on it says its not. no clue why it says that at all but i can find it and just see its there so yeah im compeletly lost and about ready to give up, maybe do the uninstall and reinstall but no clue

Reaction score
wow i guess from the frying pan into the fire, well i fixed the previous messege only to get this one

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ZDPWWW~1\smss.exe
the NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:053d IP:0100 OP:FF fe 57 00 60 choose close to terminate the application
my choicse are close and ignore...so whats going on? i got the smss.exe from registry to go into the file and thought id be good
well i guess not
what next?

Reaction score
weltall said:
wow i guess from the frying pan into the fire, well i fixed the previous messege only to get this one

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ZDPWWW~1\smss.exe
the NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:053d IP:0100 OP:FF fe 57 00 60 choose close to terminate the application
my choicse are close and ignore...so whats going on? i got the smss.exe from registry to go into the file and thought id be good
well i guess not
what next?

Well do what i suggested re-install you would have finished by now:nod:

Reaction score
your talking about reinstalling everything on the computer? that would have taken at least a full day

Reaction score
weltall said:
your talking about reinstalling everything on the computer? that would have taken at least a full day

No try a repair first if that wont work then do a re-install
I can do a complete re-install in a few hours but a novice would take a lot longer the advantage of a full install is you only put in what you really need to.:)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You have got the drive set up with several partitions haven't you.

C for XP os
D and E etc for pics and music etc.

That way you only need to install XP and your applications. Install the applications as you go along and it won't be too painfull.

user.gif

Reaction score
ok, also wait where would i go to repair/reinstall windows? i checked control pannel, but couldnt find it

Reaction score
Its not in the control panel you have to have the CD:)
You have got the XP CD?
And code?

If so I will give you step by step guide.

:nod:
So be prepared....

Reaction score
yeah and if i were to do that id just have to go vista

now this is off topic, but short of getting a new system, is there anyway to increase CPU?, right now its 1.60 ghz, but id like that to be higher, id ont think yoru able to but what the heck, why not ask

Reaction score
weltall said:
yeah and if i were to do that id just have to go vista

now this is off topic, but short of getting a new system, is there anyway to increase CPU?, right now its 1.60 ghz, but id like that to be higher, id ont think yoru able to but what the heck, why not ask

What MOBO you have?? spec please..

Ask a Question