help with geforce 9500GT

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me? I have recently bought a new graphics card which is a nvidia geforce 9500GT and I cant get it to work. This was an upgrade from a geforce 8500 and I never had any problems with that card. when i install the drivers for my new card they install fine but my pc resets itself and doesent load up?? everytime it tries to load up onto desktop i get a blue screen for a split second and my computer keeps reseting itself. its like something corrupts. I have had to change back to my old onboard graphics so i can access my computer. the card inside my computer gets quite hot quite fast. has anyone had similiar problems?

software
AVG
ad-aware

spec:
400w power supply
AMD/AM2 Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4000+ 2.1ghz with 2gb of ram
80GB harddrive
ADSL Router
windows XP home

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds like the card has a power socket and you don't have the power connected.

You probably need to plug in a connector from your power supply to make it work.

Check the manual and also take a look at the back of the card.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
gazzaabc said:
Theres a HDMI slot, VGA out and a DVI out

I said the back of the card, not the front ;)

Actually on the PCB, probably a 4 pin molex type connector.

If it doesn't need a power connector, the card is probably faulty.

Reaction score
What make is it?

The 9500GT doesn't need a xtra power connecter I don't think. My XFX 9500GT certainly doesn't
anyway.

AGP or PCI-E?

Reaction score
its PCI but it doesent need a extra power cable for sure. Thats for bigger cards such as the 9800GTX etc. It must be faulty because it gets hot real quick. ill take it back into shop and get a replacement

Reaction score
There are many types of 9500gt cards and mine doesent require a fan. Anyway I have got it installed and working but im abit dissapointed with it :( It seemds to be running alot slower then my 8series card??? my computer rekons the card is running properly and all drivers are updated. anyone have any ideas? thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
GeForce 8500GT:

Core: 450Mhz
Memory: 400Mhz
Pipes: 8

GeForce 9500GT:

Core: 550Mhz
Memory: 800Mhz
Pipes: 8

The GT9500GT also has DDR-3 memory which is better than the GT8500GT's DDR-2 memory.

So all in all you should notice at least a little difference between the two cards.

Have a look over at www.guru3d.com and see what drivers are available. There may be some beta drivers that help.

Other than that, unless the card is faulty, bit of a mystery :confused:

Ask a Question