PC Won't turn on

Reaction score
so one day my computer decided to just power down on me and wouldnt turn on at all, i took my brothers computer and test my power supply and it worked with his computer but his wouldnt work with mine, i tested my power switch on his computer and his on mine, my switch is fine. my computer still wouldnt turn on what so ever (no click clacks no bells or whistles no fans or lights) NOTHIG ! I built the computer myself maybe 2 years ago useing newegg.com, i just wanted my computer to work so i went to best buy but they dont sell mobo's
sad.png
so i bought a new graphics card instead
smile.png
and bought a mobo off newegg got here the next day and i installed it and it still didnt work, i just bought a new processor off newegg and its gna get here at the end of the weekend, is the anything that im missing that could be the problem?

specs before breaking:

ram;
OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2F10664GK

cpu;
Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80571E5200

mobo;
GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

graphics card;
XFX PVT96OZDFU GeForce 9600 GSO 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

power supply
NZXT PS-NT-PP600-R 600W ATX / BTX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

case;
NZXT Guardian 921 CS-NT-GD921-B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

new purchased items:

cpu;
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX

mobo
ASRock A770DE+ AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

graphics card;
PNY VCGGTX550TXPB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Car

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums kewt. kemper :)

Are you able to swap any other components around with your brothers PC? My first guess would have been the power supply or motherboard - especially if it powered off all of a sudden. If you've replaced both of those components and it still won't power on, then I'm very confused indeed!

Can you try removing all the non-essential components and run the system using your brothers power supply and the new motherboard?

Reaction score
I had a neighbour's PC the other day, swapped out everything, PSU, CPU, RAM etc still did not work only thing left was the boot button, tested with a meeter that worked only thing left was the mobo which was a cheap generic one so I dumped the pc, as not worth doing anything with it. It was 6 years old and the lady had purchased a new PC.

Ask a Question