Help with Acer Aspire 5680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a new Acer laptop and it keeps switching itself off not long after I boot it up. I am running it off the AC adaptor and the battery is fully charged up.

I booted the laptop up and waited for it to run me through the XP config wizard that you get with a fresh install.

Then I sat through 10 minutes of the Acer management wizard installing all the Acer apps and drivers for LAN, bluetooth etc.

Once that was set up, I wanted to set up a wireless connection, but the laptop switched itself off. It wasn't anything like going into hibernation or shutting down properly. Instead, it just turns off completely and I have to press the power button for it to boot up.

It keeps switching off after 1 or 2 minutes after booting up into the windows desktop. I have not installed anything on it.

The furthest I got was to finish installing Norton (through it's wizard) and upon scanning for updates, it switched off again!!!

I have read there have been lots of problems with Acers (although, I admit, not knowing these problems before I bought it). Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

If so, what did you do to solve the problem? I heard sending the laptop back to Acer is not worth my time as their support is crap.

Any help with this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question