Acer Aspire webcam

Reaction score
I cannot get my built-in webcam to work on my Acer Aspire One (with XP), as I want to use it for Skype. I'm sure it worked when we first got it (18 months ago), but now I can't find any reference to it. I have tried downloading driver updates using Driver Detective (which cost me ££'s) but to no avail.
Any help gratefully received before I waste any more money!

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Driver Detective, ugh....

What is the exact model of your laptop? Perhaps you just need drivers. You can probably get them from www.acer.com.

How are you trying to find "any reference to it"?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have tried downloading driver updates using Driver Detective (which cost me ££'s) but to no avail.

!

Unfortunately you paid £££'s for thew biggest bit of con software around.

Do this

Start > Right click computer > Manage > Device Manager > Select the camera > update Drive software
Or go along HERE to the Acer supprt and download the drivers from there .

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Reaction score
Unfortunately you paid £££'s for thew biggest bit of con software around.

Do this

Start > Right click computer > Manage > Device Manager > Select the camera > update Drive software
Or go along HERE to the Acer supprt and download the drivers from there .

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Thanks for that; I now think the problem might be more serious - after using Driver Doctor I am told that the camera is "unplugged" so can only assume something has come loose inside. Perhaps it would be easier to get a cheap plug-in webcam?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
- after using Driver Doctor ?

Ok I am going to be quite BLUNT here, have you actually tried doing anything I suggested ? Hvae you been to the Acer support site I linked and downloaded the drivers ? Stop using crap, useless software .....
angry.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
calm down ED, you made your point ... :cool:

so can only assume something has come loose inside
I very much doubt it, more likely just died of fright, err, I mean wear-n-tear ... if re-installing the drivers don't work ... then probably would be better to just buy a 'cheap' replacement, however, buy cheap, buy twice. :)

Oh, and welcome to PCReview. :cool:

Ask a Question