Help: Ethernet Modem....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks floppy. As youve guessed its a sky rebranded unit.

Found the access code-
admin
sky

Doenst seem to like IDnet though, so sadly it must still be locked to SKY.

Tried flashing the new netgear firmware from netgear.com , the router doesnt like it- reckons its from another version so not compatible.

Hi V_R, I've been looking for the unlocking info with google for the past hour, no joy. It pains me, but I may have to cough up for the fleabay link.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I used the search function at the site and found this HERE - not sure whether thats what you need, but maybe try a few search variations?

Another one HERE that seems to allow you to flash it to Netgears firmware instead.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I read it a while ago on that site but i cant bloody well find it now! Sure its there somewhere......

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I suspect you need to get rid off the Sky firmware to unlock, so flashing to Netgears should do it - you just have to be prepared to take the risk if things go wrong when doing it.

I would imagine that eBay info will merely point you in a similar direction :thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks Adywebb.

Right, I've shelled out 99p- feeling light headed now.

Recieved the e-book and software. Have done the flash as per the instructions, the router will now update to the new firmware(beofre it wouldnt).

What do I need to set up in the routers screen(http://192.168.0.1)- as it still wont connect!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I assume you can get into the router set-up now?

If so go to the Netgear site - and look through their support pages to help with setting it up for your ISP.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont get that, dont you need to login to the router to flash it?? But you say you cant login? :confused:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I think he can login, but its not connecting and needs help setting it up for his ISP.

Here is a post from the IDnet forums about setting up a DG834G - I imagine the GT will be similar.

Perhaps register there and ask for help if you still can't get in.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
IIRC all you have to enter is your ISP's user name, which is usually in the form of an e-mail address, and your ISP's pasword, and you should be good to go.

And yes, he means he can connect to the router now, but still not get online.

The router need's the ISP's details, is all.

Reaction score
Success! The eBay software did the trick.

Guys thanks all for the advice. Would have been f**ked without it.

Once again this forum has proved invaluable! :)

poo

Reaction score
Can I have that eBay software too

Hey mr carbolicsmokeball

Wouild you be so kind as to upload / attach / send me that ebook & software for getting around the locked firmware issue.

I have a telewest / VM Netgear WGR614v6 that is annoyingly locked and I'm hoping the solution is the same.

Hoping you are still viewing this. I might PM you if not.

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
poo said:
Hey mr carbolicsmokeball

Wouild you be so kind as to upload / attach / send me that ebook & software for getting around the locked firmware issue.

I have a telewest / VM Netgear WGR614v6 that is annoyingly locked and I'm hoping the solution is the same.

Hoping you are still viewing this. I might PM you if not.

Thanks

Bit of a prob there, Mr Poo, you can't use the PM service here until you've become established - which means you have to make a certain number of relevant posts before you can access PM's.

Sorry bout dat.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum :)

poo

Reaction score
Netgear WGR614v6 locked firmware, help

Hi

Yeah I realized that. Any idea how many posts I need?

Also realized that this thread may not be relevant to my Telewest Netgear WGR614v6 router either. Found that guys info (99p eBay deal) for free and it's not relevant - shame.

If anyone knows how to unlock the firmware on my Telewest Netgear WGR614v6 I would be very grateful. Should I start a new thread for this?

Thanks

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it is for a new topic then it is worth starting a new thread - its 10 posts and 7 days of membership before PM's are enabled if I remember correctly. :)

Ask a Question