Share a modem

Reaction score
I have 2 computers both running windows XP pro and both have ethernet connections. The main computer is connected to the internet via a Voyager 105 USB ADSL Modem. Is it possible to connect the 2nd computer to the internet through the main computer?

Reaction score
Hi there's three ways you can do this:

1. Upgrade your USB modem to a wireless router.
2. Buy a DSL modem which will allow you to share the connection using your existing USB modem
3. Use a network cable and connect the two systems via ethernet cards (providing they each have one)

Personally i think you should choose option 1. as its nice and simple if your a beginner.

Hope this helps

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could always get a simple router. Pc 1+2 to router. Router to modem. Modem to phone socket.

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Simplest way is to use a 'mirror' ethernet cable between the two computers. A viable solution providing they're not too far apart.

You could also use a router.

Best way is to buy an ADSL Modem/Router and ditch the USB Modem. The device can be wireless or hard wired. Hard wired is more reliable.

I suppose all that's been said in earlier posts but thought I'd add my input anyway ;)

Ask a Question