Graphics problems not sure?

Reaction score
Hey guys! recently from my other thread it was clear that I was making a computer for my christmas present and i have managed to do this, luckily without any problems(i hope). The graphics card i have is an Nvidia Geforce 460x
The only issue i am having though with the computer is the graphics when playing games...

A friend lent me far cry 2 to test out this beast and it runs okay, with everything on maximum... but the only problem is the actual quality... for example, here is a screenshot off of my computer of far cry 2
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._479392644676_730259676_6107857_6302949_n.jpg

And here is a screenshot of Far cry 2 off of a different computer

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/922/922038/far-cry-2-20081021021350142_640w.jpg

Surely they should be pretty much the same quality? theres quite a difference... you could say that because the pictures are clearly different scenery that its not a fair comparison but the quality isn't near as good as the 2nd screenshot wherever i go?

Could it be the monitor that i am using? im sure its HD ready but its a very cheap TV and im also using a HDMI.

One problem also is that when starting far cry 2 it says that my video card drivers are out of date yet I have used the disc + been on the NVIDIA website to update them and they are clearly updated?=/

Cheers for the help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you are unsure about the driver's try the them from the card manufacturers own site.

The drivers that are shipped with the card can be many months out of date

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Different hardware will certainly give diifferent quality images.

NEVER use the video drivers on the disk supplied with the card, they will be hopelessly out of date.

Go to Nvidia's website download and install latest drivers.

Ask a Question