Nvidia GeForce 8200M G Driver problems

Reaction score
Ok so i purchased a new laptop a few weeks back and due to the spec being atleast double what crysis and far cry 2 require i figured id be able to play them both. But it turns out my video driver is out of date, when i boot farcry2 it warns me i need to update my driver.

Now i have tried several different websites to download the drivers for windows vista, i can only find 32bit and 64bit driver(im using vista home premium) but both continue to say they cant find a driver that is compatible with my current system.

any ideas where i could find a working driver?(the nvidia website has failed me horribly) or how i can get around this problem.

Reaction score
this is where the problem lies, i dont know if its 32bit or 64bit, the disc im using came with the laptop and just says vista home premium.

so with that said im running on the assumption its 32bit but i have tried both 32bit and 64bit drivers from the nvidia website and neither one of them is working.

abarbarian ill give that a try now mate, cheers.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
leey2ki said:
this is where the problem lies, i dont know if its 32bit or 64bit, the disc im using came with the laptop and just says vista home premium.
Right click my computer > Properties. :)

Reaction score
like i say, all it says is "windows vista home premium" its not telling me if its 32 or 64 bit.

i left my computer on last night to download some updates for a couple of games, and windows downloaded and installed a bunch of updates, and upon looking at the list of updates they all installed perfectly fine... except for anything to do with nvidia controllers and so on, ive searched on guru3d but cant find anything for the driver im looking for.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Name that "laptop" in one ... and I don't just mean, "it's a Dell" 'cos I'll kick you.

Laptop manufactures are renowned for "installing" a load of crap, decrapify your system ... there really is a program called, decrapify. :nod:

Laptops ar NOT gaming machines, I don't care what "spec" it is, they are Shiite at games. :p

:user:

Reaction score
Medion Akoya E5411 is the laptop ive got, i finally managed to find out its 32bit thats installed but when i download and try to install the 32bit driver it says couldnt find a compatible driver for your system

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Shared maximum 1343MB graphics memory
uh oh, pop goes the weasel ... take the err, laptop, back, and ask for your £10 refund.

Man they still cutting corners on these things. :rolleyes:

OK, well let me just say that, even nVidia will not support their own graphics card in this case, and why should they, it is a bit o' junk. Sorry, for sounding harsh, not aimed at you personally, you got conned though.

Anyone who bought a laptop with that, imitation graphics card, needs to go to ...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_oem.html

... pick your poison, err, manufacturer, and hope they know what they are supposed to be doing.

As you can see, your paperweight is not listed, so take it back to the store you bought it from. Not fit for purpose!!

I cannot find any other "help" than that, if anyone can find Medion, good, if not the only place is Windows Live Update, if that fails, you-got-what-you-get-for-your money.

Once again I apologise if I sound harsh, it is not aimed at you personally but at these crap manufacturers who still get away with conning the public with their fancy numbers.

A good laptop is NOT cheap, a good laptop will, in my opinion, still struggle to "play" games.

:user:

Reaction score
its running most games pretty damn well to be honest with you, just some of the bigger ones as they load say "your graphics driver is out of date" and dont run quite as smooth as they should do, the 4gb memory and the 300gig sata hard drive are doing more than serving their purpose though, i meanly use it for music to be honest with you not so much for gaming, i obviously just like to play games from time to time, and i have no real use for a desktop as im forever moving from studio to studio and its much easier that i can move my laptop around with me and have all my samples, productions and software exactly where i need it at all times.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you told the person who sold you the lappy that you wanted to play games on it and mentioned the games then you have a case for returning the lappy and getting your money back, as it is not fit for purpose and they oversold the product. get in touch with your local Trading Standards office for further help.

user.gif

Reaction score
to be honest i didnt buy it haha, it was bought as a present so i couldnt tell you if they mentioned it would be used for gaming or not, but ah well not to worry anyway thanks for the info and advice.

Ask a Question