Good pressie for an old man?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm the same age as your dad. If he liked that program and watched it regularly, he'll like the DVD. If he didn't watch it regular, you're on dodgy ground ;)

I'd like a feature movie, (latest Pirates Of The Carribean would be nice); coupla audio CD's from a list; bottle of brandy; 15 pack of Guinness; a PC Game from a list; some books from a list or a really silly present, something like a Gremlin driving a radio controlled toy car :D

And what's this obsession with the sixties young man?

Me and your Dad spent our teenage years in the sixties.

Lemme see, 1967 was the summer of love, I was 16 years old and bought Sgt. Peppers the day it came out. Can remember driving my Lambretta Motor Scooter round the Isle of Wight with a transistor radio strapped to the spare wheel blasting out Scott MacKenzie's San Francisco. It was sunny too, happy dayze indeed.

And the rest of the year we were rucking with bikers at Hastings and Brighton :lol:

But this is 2006 :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Me had a Lambretta too ... kinda silly as I was basically a Rocker ... loved the freedom of the scooter. Whatever happened to them?

I not only bought Sgt Peppers but also the guitar sheet music and learned to play nearly every track ... pulled the chicks no problem.
nod.gif

Love-n-peace Man.

Happy days ... :D

Reaction score
Me being a rocker baby:D Norton dominator and a BSA 350.
Dance all night pull the birds and hey! you know the rest:D
Happy days indeed!

Attachments

• Norton%2030M%201962_jpg.jpg
    Norton%2030M%201962_jpg.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 135

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well I did see the light eventually and bought a Royal Enfield Sports 250. So fast it frightened the life outta me so passed me test and got a Ford Anglia 105E.

Now then, whilst all us old farts are reminiscing and conveniently forgetting that we now see our own Dads staring back at us from the mirror each morning, how's about helping our Michael out with suggestions for pressies? ;)

Reaction score
Michael! What does your dad enjoy doing> driving> dancing> drinking> PC> swimming?;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I'm the same age as your dad. If he liked that program and watched it regularly, he'll like the DVD. If he didn't watch it regular, you're on dodgy ground ;)

I'd like a feature movie, (latest Pirates Of The Carribean would be nice); coupla audio CD's from a list; bottle of brandy; 15 pack of Guinness; a PC Game from a list; some books from a list or a really silly present, something like a Gremlin driving a radio controlled toy car :D

And what's this obsession with the sixties young man?

Me and your Dad spent our teenage years in the sixties.

Lemme see, 1967 was the summer of love, I was 16 years old and bought Sgt. Peppers the day it came out. Can remember driving my Lambretta Motor Scooter round the Isle of Wight with a transistor radio strapped to the spare wheel blasting out Scott MacKenzie's San Francisco. It was sunny too, happy dayze indeed.

And the rest of the year we were rucking with bikers at Hastings and Brighton :lol:

But this is 2006 :confused:

Thanks floppy and everyone else for the replys :).

yes, he does love the show very much.

He didnt enjoy the second pirates film, but does like cowboy films and old westerns.
Some pink floyd cd's maybe? something like that. Fleetwood mac?
Brandy would be good.
but he is not a pc man at all.
and yes, he does like silly little things as well.

I dont have an obsession really... just er like the music alot from then :D

He did in fact used to have a big boat (got rid of it so he could have me :D) and he had a little honda scooter around here and in the isle of wight.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
You know

You kinda know what he wants mate :wave: ...go with your instincts :)

Reaction score
itsme said:
Michael! What does your dad enjoy doing> driving> dancing> drinking> PC> swimming?;)

He is a fairly practical man, good with his hands. Does enjoy woodwork and long walks, and building (or should i say bodging) bits and bobs.
Oh and its almost mandatory to get him socks and a dark choccy toblerone. ;)

Reaction score
Okay yeah, thanks Rush :).

Just lots of small bits would be good, not too fond of massive surprises.

I'll update his list as the week progresses :)

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! (and the reminiscing, quite interesting ;))

Reaction score
feckit said:
Look i can come up with good ideas, but not so good with miracles:D

Damn... Best start saving then :D

Hopefully he'll have a great day, and a birthday that he might remember this time! :p

Reaction score
Got him the toblerone, and the dvd. should really enjoy that
Oh and we got him some socks, some really big ones.
Only drawback is we aint gonna have any stockings at christmas ;) ahh he will never know ;)

Ask a Question