which laptop should I go for? I am confused?

Reaction score

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd go for Vista :nod: XP support is being slowly withdrawn, so you might as well ensure longevity and go for Vista now :thumb:

Do you have any specific requirements or a budget for the laptop you are after, as it might be there is something better to recommend. (i.e, will you be doing gaming?).

At first glance the Play laptop looks better - but costs more.

If you are using Matlab for complex computations, then the faster the CPU and more RAM you have, the better :) I'd recommend 2GB if possible. If you'll be running anything like CFD then you'll notice a big difference.

Reaction score
Make sure you have at least 2Gb of RAM as Ian has said - and obviously the faster the CPU the better - although stay well away from any Celeron chips, they are low performance budget processors. Core2Duo chips are good.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'd go for Vista
nod.gif
XP support is being slowly withdrawn, so you might as well ensure longevity and go for Vista now :thumb:

Do you have any specific requirements or a budget for the laptop you are after, as it might be there is something better to recommend. (i.e, will you be doing gaming?).

At first glance the Play laptop looks better - but costs more.

If you are using Matlab for complex computations, then the faster the CPU and more RAM you have, the better :) I'd recommend 2GB if possible. If you'll be running anything like CFD then you'll notice a big difference.

Great Thanks for your elaborated reply!

Yes I will be using it for matlab... my budget is 300£ -400£ Maximum ;)

am not gonna use it for games :) just simulation in MATLAB :)

PS. By the way, are you an engineer? do u use CFD?

Ask a Question