Gab's computer course

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

After much messing around, I have finally got onto the 'Maintain and Build Your PC' course. It's free which is great and I was told it was a daytime event which is ok now as I'm off work poorly but no good long term. Anyway, as they say in life - 'don't ask and don't get' so I asked about an evening course and they said 'full up'. Anyway, today I had a t/c and was told could start Thursday night but would have to catch up on some reading which is fine by me.

So, Thursday nights 6-8pm I will be on my course till June/July and I am SO pleased...........

Can't wait and perhaps I might have something to offer in the near future and probably loads of questions too......

Thought I'd just share that with ya all as you were all so encouraging when I was researching what was available locally to me.

Watch this space!!!

Love

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well done Gabs :thumb: Do you know what sort of stuff you get to learn on the course? It sounds like you'll be building a PC in no time :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Not just building PC's but teaching us some tricks too :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gabriella said:
I am having a nightmare trying to post these links - the college link in the post above is invalid, this one should work:

http://www.don.ac.uk/default.aspx?page=1321

Any last minute thoughts??

Gabs xx
Yep, ask as many questions as you can ... you may find some good material here to which you can 'practice' with. ;)

Good luck, and you know where we are if you, err hmmm, if you get stuck on any 'tests' :D

:thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Good luck

Well done Gabs, sounds interesting.:D

Can we e-mail you a list of questions to ask your tutors?:thumb: I suggest you don't mention that they came from several thousand users on this site though!;) (Only kidding.)

Enjoy the course

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well done Gabs, very impressive.

I might've been using a computer for a couple of decades but when it comes to how they work... the last programming I did was in atari basic back in the days when floppy discs really were floppy & most programs were stored on audio tapes... not that I'm that old of course ;). Now-a-days if I need to know anything I ask my daughter. I taught her basic html (which is all that I know) back when she was 8yo & by the end of the year she could type html faster than I can type english, now she 'speaks' Java & BB code (which I'd never even heard of) & who knows what else, just as fluently. Me I just keep quiet & make the right noises at what I hope are the right places. When it comes to the sort of suff you're looking at I really am a complete "new computer user" (;) thanks mucks).

You go girl, You've got all my respect!!!

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Thanks xx
No, I thank you ... I'm poping into Southport College tomorrow, to get some more information on signing up as a 'mature student' ... they do Linux. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
No, I thank you ... I'm poping into Southport College tomorrow, to get some more information on signing up as a 'mature student' ... they do Linux. :D

Whoever is going to teach Mucks has had it :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Good luck Mucks and WELL DONE YOU!!!! My first class is Thursday night - when's yours????? We can report back on our encounters!!!!

Years since I have been in college or anything remotely like it...wonder what and who we will see????

Love

Gabs xx

Reaction score
Hey Gabs that is great.... I'm Glad to see that you are trying to really further your pc knowlege. I'm taking pc classes too in Jan-Jun... so maybe we can help each other out with questions. Good luck and congrats

Reaction score
I build my own computers and have never had any lessons, just bought a couple of books to get me going. It started when the comp I was using came up with insufficent memory when I was trying to load something. Could'nt afford to go out and buy one so bought the books.
Modern computers are even easier because the bios automatically detects most components and sets the settings needed. It really is not as difficult as it might seem and the satisfaction you get is great. Make sure you have a working computer at the time so if you get a problem you are able to access a site like this one where someone will be able to help you.
If I am able to do it I am sure just about anyone can !!!!
Regards
Colin

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Good luck Mucks and WELL DONE YOU!!!! My first class is Thursday night - when's yours????? We can report back on our encounters!!!!

Years since I have been in college or anything remotely like it...wonder what and who we will see????

Love

Gabs xx
Oh give us a chance, :p I'm only going to see if I can get on a course ... won't start till Janruary ... missed Septembers issue. :D

Whoever is going to teach Mucks has had it ...
Yup, they are in for some stick ... got me Windows teashirts & Windows hats. :eek:

:D

Gabs, we are expecting a FULL report on or before friday before 10am ... prompt & in duplicate. :D

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Gabs, we are expecting a FULL report on or before friday before 10am ... prompt & in duplicate. :D
Hey Mucks, you're beginning to sound like one of my ex-bosses. The only difference was he wanted written in blood, and more than once it nearly was.....:D

Please don't frighten me like that again;)

Ask a Question