Windows 10 Fresh install of Win 10?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use Linux because of Microsoft's data mining, I use Linux because of Microsoft's data mining, it doesn't matter that as soon as I go online and use any popular app that they will data mine the hell outta me regardless of OS used, this is why I won't use Microsoft.

I've just made a list of software to be reinstalled plus been looking for saved game data on C drive. Reinstall may be doable. We shall see.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Reinstall may be doable. We shall see.

Blimey this Windows 10 is a tricky beast. You started this thread six days ago that's an awfully long time to research how to do a fresh install.
Raises the question, if it takes that long to research how many weeks will it take to install. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's not the research that takes time Oh Arch Fanboi, just my indecision ;)

The list of software and drivers I've made totals 35 and all my games are on a separate drive using Steam; GOG Galaxy; Uplay (Ubisoft); Origin and some stand-alone games. All these game software programs have their roots in C drive and I don't know how a fresh install would affect them.

I haven't liked Windows 10 from the start but hey - move with the times eh? I will state that I unequivocally think Windows 7 is the best operating system Microsoft have ever made. Ever. Win 10 is full of annoying quirks, for instance when I click on something for a drop down menu when I move the cursor to make a choice from that menu the menu disappears and I have to right click again. Every bloody time :mad:

I have mentioned Gears Of War 4 won't work after I spent fifty quid on it and of course I have my USB not working issue. I just tried reinstalling the ASMedia USB drivers from the motherboard DVD but that didn't make any difference.

I wasn't expecting to have to do a clean fresh install less than 1 year down the line, I had at least 4 trouble free years from Win 7, I don't think I ever actually done a clean install of that one.

And of course I can't recall any problem at all with Linux Mint.

Latest quirk of Win 10 after the last 'upgrade' was it thinks Outlook (or it might be Win 10's Mail) is my mail client and keeps telling me it's not configured correctly. I KNOW it's not configured correctly, that's cos I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird you twerps, for gmail, zen mail and Hotmail.

I probably will get round to reinstalling but the idea has not made me a happy bunny.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"It's not the research that takes time Oh Arch Fanboi, just my indecision ;)"

Yeah I get more an more "indecision's" as I age. I keep telling myself that I am becoming wiser and thinking through all the possible outcomes before striking. :lol:

"I wasn't expecting to have to do a clean fresh install less than 1 year down the line, I had at least 4 trouble free years from Win 7"

That is pretty lousy. I'm keeping me fingers crossed that my 7 keeps on purring along. Should do unless Steam borks it or a MS update.

"And of course I can't recall any problem at all with Linux Mint."

What no terrorist inclinations creeping in unsolicited ? :p

Ask a Question