FPS. Whats the best you have played for the PC?

Reaction score
I'm really into FPS games. I have played HL2. IMHO the best game i've played. NOLF 1and 2 also great games. Contract J.A.C.K. a spin off of the NOLF games. Farcry i couldnt really get into. Its ok but i dont know. Have played The Thief 3 Deadly shadows. Thats was cool. A bit different. Currently playing DeuxEx Invisible War. Has anyone played Brothers in Arms yet? I like playing ones that involve missions and stuff. Not just into shooting **** up for the hell of it. Though it is fun. But games you have to think a bit about. Thats what i like. Anymore suggestions on games i should try?

Reaction score
i play counter strike all the tym at belloni's but i am a bit of a noob! lol : (

can only get better whebn i get my new system :)

but soldier of fortune i had for a while... and was brilliant lol! dd gore in it :O ! lol :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
imo, HL2 best fps ever

Jock, if you like fps games where you have a to think a little, I'm surprised you couldn't get into Far Cry, it's a superb game. Glorious graphics, good engine and you have to think a little. And the sniper rifle is brilliant. There are a dozen different ways you can aproach many scenes, as well.

It is quite hard though.

Serious Sam 1 & 2 are good, just shoot em ups really, but great fun. Gore is short, cheap, but good fun.

There's always Doom 3, a little repetitive, but quite good. The sequel, Resurection Of Evil, is better.

I've played a little of Brothers In Arms, it's good, you definitely have to think about things, but there are quite a lot of commands to learn.

If I thought HL2 was the best, Call Of Duty is an extremely close second.

I've played both NOLF's, but not Contract Jack. They were good, although I never did finish NOLF 2.

Max Payne 2, Halo, Devastation, I enjoyed those as well.

I'll think of some more soon....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
HL:2, CoD and FarCry for me - pretty much the same as floppy.

Great graphics, fast action, thinking elements and a good story :) I couldn't get enough of HL2 and CoD, I just wanted the story to continue for a few more years! I'd love to see an "epic" game of this quality.

Played NOLF1/2 like you mentioned and I liked those too - not quite as much but certainly in my top 15 games list :D Lots of thinking puzzles and funny bits!

Reaction score
sorry lol what is NOLF ? but it sounds good what u've said about it :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I installed a new graphics card the other day (ATI Radeon 9800 pro) so I've finally been able to try out HL2 - I'm really enjoying it, although there has been one case so far where I've actually screamed and jumped when one of those face-suckers jumped out at me! Other than that, I don't really play many FPS apart from NOLF 1 and 2, which I really enjoyed (and was substantially better than Ian at!)

;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
COD and RtCW and Halo also still love playing Quake3 these have been my games of choice, and the ones i rush home and look forward to playing on those dark cold nights...

Can't wait for Quake 4 to arrive...:D ;) :thumb: :p :) :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's a lotta smileys Mr Crazy legs :D

Ah yes, forgot about RTCW, I never get tired of that one, played it too many times, but always good.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
My fav I think has to be HL2. Max Payne II comes a close second though I think, gameplay is great and some of the bullet time effects are truly awesome.
I also played NOLF 1 and 2, and really enjoyed them both but found gameplay better in the first one.
I only tried a demo of Farcry so far and got pretty hooked, but never got around to getting the full version

Reaction score
Halo; I think, there are lots of others I like too!

Me n my mate finished it in CO-OP on Hard, great days! Great days!

I rushed out to get the 2nd on the ole x-box, very disappointed :(

Ask a Question