The obligatory, Best Game of 2015 ... your pick!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As a primarily MMO gamer I tend to play just the one game and this year was no exception. My choice for most of the year was between Lord of the Rings Online, a game I've been playing off-n-on for quite a few years now, and, Guild Wars 2.

I recently came across a game that, on the surface, looks pretty much a run of the mill outsider. However, this game has me in its grasp so much so that I've spent a small fortune, for me anyway, on gaming peripherals that enhance the gaming experience. Notably a Logitech G29 plus the add-on H-shifter* and a little known peripheral called Track IR ... I've spent nearly £500 on this game and if I actual price-in the game and its DLC, I have spent £500, ouch! :eek:

This game was released on October 19, 2012, it hit Steams top 10 list and went #1 within weeks. Playable on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, with support for 64 bit.

My game for 2015 is ... Euro Truck Simulator 2 ... with the Steam sale on, you can get the game and DLC, (Scandinavia & going East) for a bargain price ... be warned, this game is addictive, I highly recommend you has a wheel to start with or you may end up loosing an arm & a leg.

There you have my ... Best game of 2015 ... what is on your list?

Happy Trucking 10.4

now you see where I got my wallpapers from. :)

*sorry Logitech, a con is a con, especially as I paid £50 squids for the H-shifter and then you reduce the price. It should have come with the bloody wheel anyway! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2015-12-25_00005.jpg
    2015-12-25_00005.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 259

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My game for 2015 is ... Euro Truck Simulator 2 ...

Crikey, that surprised me! :eek:

I've not played a lot of games this year - when I'm playing something I tend to play that and nothing else until I'm done with it. Also I had a lot of health problems this year, so didn't really get back into gaming until the summer. I guess I'd have to say Fallout 4 is my favourite game I've played this year, but I'm not selecting from a large pool! No doubt @Ian will say his favourite is Metal Gear Solid V, he LOVES it :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Fallout 4 was probably the only 2015 game I bothered to buy and play so without any competition it goes to that!

Poor year for PC gaming to be fair. Just ports and sequals.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought you were pulling my leg there @muckshifter - but then I checked out the Steam page and saw all of the other glowing reviews. I think I've got too short an attention span for a game like this (my brother-in-law likes a space based game that sounds like this one, but I never got into it).

My pick would be MGS:V The Phantom Pain. The story is a little convoluted, but nevertheless interesting - however the gameplay is excellent. If this game had a co-op multiplayer element then it would be huge. Sadly, part way through the game the story takes a nose dive, but that is tens of hours in to the gameplay.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
As a primarily MMO gamer I tend to play just the one game and this year was no exception. My choice for most of the year was between Lord of the Rings Online, a game I've been playing off-n-on for quite a few years now, and, Guild Wars 2.

I recently came across a game that, on the surface, looks pretty much a run of the mill outsider. However, this game has me in its grasp so much so that I've spent a small fortune, for me anyway, on gaming peripherals that enhance the gaming experience. Notably a Logitech G29 plus the add-on H-shifter* and a little known peripheral called Track IR ... I've spent nearly £500 on this game and if I actual price-in the game and its DLC, I have spent £500, ouch! :eek:

This game was released on October 19, 2012, it hit Steams top 10 list and went #1 within weeks. Playable on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, with support for 64 bit.

My game for 2015 is ... Euro Truck Simulator 2 ... with the Steam sale on, you can get the game and DLC, (Scandinavia & going East) for a bargain price ... be warned, this game is addictive, I highly recommend you has a wheel to start with or you may end up loosing an arm & a leg.

There you have my ... Best game of 2015 ... what is on your list?

Happy Trucking 10.4

now you see where I got my wallpapers from. :)

*sorry Logitech, a con is a con, especially as I paid £50 squids for the H-shifter and then you reduce the price. It should have come with the bloody wheel anyway! :rolleyes:

Here is the best quote from the Steam page,

I let my girlfriend have a try at this game, she started growing chest hair.

Sounds like a grand game. That Track IR seems a great peripheral.

Hardly done any gaming this year but Bioshock Infinite is the best one so far. :cool:

Reaction score
Hay!!! couldn’t drive one of them, steering wheel is on the left of the cab and they are driving on the wrong side of the road, and I am a ex blues and two's driver, Na Na Na:lol:in my big red truck:p:p:p:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Best game this year? Wasn't that much to get impressed with tbh but the one I've enjoyed the most is Diablo III (On the PS3). Runners up would be Mad Max and Fallout 4.

Mucks, you and I definitely do not share similar tastes in gaming ;) What with me floundering with Guild Wars 2, I have to say I bought Eurotruck Simulator 2 some months, maybe over a year ago and I didn't like it at all. I thought the vehicle handling was awful, kept wandering all over the road and I kept ending up in a field or ditch. In fact I was so unimpressed I deleted local content in Steam and it's greyed out in my Steam game list.

Maybe I'll try it gain, I suppose it may have been patched or summat.

Still - Vive le difference and each to their own, as they say :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@muckshifter I saw this the other day and thought of you :)

sXg74AO.png

(I know you're not playing the American one, but I'm guessing the same applies)

Ask a Question