What games are you playing, and, what game/s do you have an eye out for?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have a lot of time on my hands, I can play games all day ... and I do. :rolleyes: :blush:

I'm currently playing
;
Cities: Skylines
Eve Online
Guild Wars 2

Other games;
Lord of the Rings Online
Homeworld Remastered
Sunless Sea
Crusader Kings II
Europa Universalis IV

Retired;
Perpetuum
WildStar
Mech Warrior
Rift

On the lookout for;
World of Warships
Navel Action

... comments welcome. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm wondering which game promotes action around one's belly-button... ;)

I'm playing:

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (2nd time as a different character, this time around I'm Wilhelm)

SAW. I like this game a lot, almost finished it on Xbox 360 before I sold my console, it was going real cheap on Steam for PC some time ago so playing it again.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Dungeon Siege III

Fallout 3 (2nd time around, mostly to play the three DLC's I never did play the first time)

Sniper Elite 3

And quite a few others I dip in and out of.

Have just bought Outcast 1.1 (£4.79) on TXD's recommendation, played through the (very very long) intro late on Sunday evening, have yet to form an opinion but the graphics are acceptable for a 16 year old game.

Also just bought South Park The Stick Of truth in Steam weekend sale, I've played a bit of this previously on a friend's PS3.

And I bought Guild wars 2. As I'd played the demo a long time ago I had an account open still and so the game assumed I knew what I was doing. I didn't know what I was doing so I kept dying. Again. Not much fun. However, I persevered and at last it's starting to make a little sense.

But it doesn't keep drawing me back, gotta say, but I will return. Only cost £12 or so in a sale.

I managed to get myself banned from the Call of Duty 4 server for, ahem, being jolly rude to somebody naming themselves 'ISIS' and texting 'Praise to Allah' throughout the game. Now I can't access the game at all, have tried different activation number and different computer and different player name - I just can't play it so I'm assuming it's my IP they're blocking.

I'm too old to get banned from computer games!

I've tried all the other CoD games that came after CoD4 online but none has the same appeal to me as CoD4 so I'm not playing any online games (apart from GW2) at the moment.

I'm considering asking Zen, my ISP, if I can change my IP address, not sure if they will though, they will ask 'Why?' probably, after all. But I think that may solve my access problem.

I haven't a clue what's coming out soon and what's top of the tree atm, and there's nothing I really really want, so I'm just keeping my eyes and ears open.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I managed to get myself banned from the Call of Duty 4 server for, ahem, being jolly rude to somebody naming themselves 'ISIS' and texting 'Praise to Allah' throughout the game. Now I can't access the game at all, have tried different activation number and different computer and different player name - I just can't play it so I'm assuming it's my IP they're blocking.

I'm considering asking Zen, my ISP, if I can change my IP address, not sure if they will though, they will ask 'Why?' probably, after all. But I think that may solve my access problem.

You can't join any server? Does it give you an error or something? Unless you've been banned by PB, which I highly doubt, a server admin can only ban you from that server, not all the others. :)

I've been playing BF4 on PC, Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 on the XB1.

Rather tempted by Cities myself....

Reaction score
The graphics on 1.1 are actually better. It was revamped by fans because the original company refused to do a sequel. Hense the 1.1. They added extra Voxels i think and whatever else. I loved it when it first came out

Don't forget one of the portals is actually a pool. I did and gave up playing for 9months before I when back to it because I coulnd't find my way back to a previous world

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, I read about Outcast's revamp, looks pretty good all things considered. Ever noticed how all characters in gamne animations from that time look the same? The fella at the start of Outcast bears an uncanny resemblance to the main man in Planescape Torment. Well, in rendering style and expressions anyway.

CoD4: I was unable to locate any servers from December, when I clicked 'Find Game' it returned none at all. But I just tried it and I was given a list of servers. I had, however, lost all my ranking and had to start over (I had saved my game stats but thought I'd start afresh anyway, didn't want to risk being recognised).

So I played around five games on a French server and then was suddenly kicked and banned. Tried another one of my former favourite servers, played half a game and got banned from that as well. For both bans I received the message shown below - anybody any idea what that's all about?

cod4_ban-jpg.9135

I then tried another favourite server (Old Gits Having Fun) and played one map and wasn't banned. It did say on that server, though, that no admins were on line at the time I played. All I can think of for this happening is me calling another player a few names and generally being not very nice towards them. Yes, I know I was wrong but dozens of schoolkids had just been murdered in Pakistan at the time by armed people claiming to be from ISIS and this other player just rubbed me up the wrong way, was praising people who in my opinion were not very nice people.

I've never, ever, cheated in any online game so I figure it can't be that.

I'm at a loss. To make it worse, there was one other CoD game I also couldn't access following this, I haven't tried it online yet, it was Modern Warfare 3, which happens to be the only game I actually bought all the extra maps for :(

I wonder who I could get in touch with to discuss this with? Anybody know what my GUID is? I'll have to investigate.

Attachments

• CoD4_Ban.jpg
    CoD4_Ban.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 785

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So, V_R, what's BF4 like? I just looked in my Origin folder and I have BF Bad Company 2 and BF3. BF4 is 40 quid with all expansions and extra maps, I don't think I've ever paid that much for a PC game but I suppose it is current (until Hardline kicks in, anyway) it does contain all the extras and £40 is quite common for mainline PC titles now. Thinking.

I really must have some sort of online fix :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm well out of the loop regarding Cod4, but just checked the PB MBI and your not on there.. - http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php

But there are results on the GGC list: https://www.ggc-stream.net/search/server/guid

That big long alpha numeric number is your GUID, use the whole thing or just the last 8 digits.- ee49727d

It could be that you've had your GUID spoofed, I seem to remember that is possible, and I know PB don't update for Cod4 anymore, that wont help.

Do you know any Cod4 Server admins? Grogan still run one? They could / might be able to check in more detail?

As for Bf4, I love it. Its in its best state at the moment, lots of patches, and the CTE (Beta testing if you like) is making the retail game much better. Its not perfect, but its much better now than its ever been before.

As for Hardline, I didn't like it...

Check out some YT vids, Xfactor, Levelcap, Matimio and Jackfrags all do game play videos s you can see what its about, I play Conquest almost exclusively, but you can have Rush, TDM, Domination, CTF etc too.

Run as infy or jump in a tank, heli, attack jet, attack boat etc. Much fun. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The GGC link not working for me V_R, have they blocked me from that as well? lol

I notice the basic download of BF4 is only £7.49 at both Origin and Amazon, but the £40 version works out more economical if a player wants all the extras (and I DO like the single player campaign). Hmm.

Reaction score
I play Unreal Tournament 2004. Mostly on the PGP server online. I play PokerStars while I read the Sunday news,

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can somebody do me a favour and see if this link works for them? (Taken from above post) Many thanks :)

But there are results on the GGC list: https://www.ggc-stream.net/search/server/guid
Yeah it works, in the search box on the top left put ee49727d in. thats your GIUD, or the last part of it.

I bought BF Hardline last night, didn't pay the full price though, got it from Origin store in Mexico for half the price. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for checking Mucks & V_R but it doesn't open for me at all, all I get is the screen shown in the attached pic below.

I'm getting paranoid now :eek:

What am I to do?

Attachments

• GGC.JPG
    GGC.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 221

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's possible I've been blocked from the site then, how odd.

Could somebody do me a favour and enter my number in the search panel - ee49727d - and tell me what it says about me? Or even better, post a pic, thanks.

btw, my Steam install of CoD MW3 is ok, I wasn't banned, the Steam install was corrupt. When I verified the cache within Steam it reloaded several hundred files and now it works fine. Phew.

And I've played several maps on two CoD4 servers yesterday and today, haven't been banned from them so far, it could just be those two sites have lazy admins who don't bother checking out new players but I really don't know.

Does anybody know if I could start my own CoD4 server? Rent a dozen slots or so sortta thing. I mean, is there a central server 'governing body' or something that would prevent me doing that?

Reaction score
Done that. According to the table it doesn't even say you are banned?

I don't have an account so can't log in to see latest bans

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 236

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks TXD.

This whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me :confused:

One of the servers that banned me was the one where I was not very polite to another player, the other server, in France, was a new one to me. I'd played about five maps and was doing quite well, it could be that they didn't like newcomers killing all the regular fellas, lol

Why I can't access that GGC site - :confused:

Seriously thinking about BF4 though, for the money, that's a lot of game, both single and multi player.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What happens if you view the link in another browser Flops? :)

As for GGC, if i remember correctly its an optional streaming service, PB is the one that they all have/should stream to and GGC is like an optional extra.

I see the same as TXD, I was wondering about the other *dodgy* names associated with that GUID, I don't have an account so I can't see in detail, but I don't think you should have other names associated with your GUID as its yours and only yours. If anything it would have the other alias' you've used.

I don't have Cod4 installed and dont know my old GUID so I cant see what mine would look like, but I'd assume it shouldn't have other names associated with it.

That would explain why you can play on some servers and not others, as in you could play on servers that don't stream to GGC, but if it does you will get kicked.

Thats just an estimated guess though, like I said, I haven't even touched CoD4 in years...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Been playing Grim Dawn for the past few days.

In the same vein as Titan Quest, made by the same team too!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I bought BF Hardline last night, didn't pay the full price though, got it from Origin store in Mexico for half the price. :)

Just to follow up on this, and if you're interested...

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/battlefield-hardline-bf5.4064727/

I quite like this game. :D

Infact, Flops I'd say you would like it more than BF4 as its way more infantry focused that BF4 is. :)

When I first bought it, I loaded it up, sorted out binds, settings etc, when to join a server and it crashed every damn time. So I had a KBW moment, uninstalled it and requested a refund from Origin (the only thing they do better than Steam imo)

Then I bought it again the next day! :D

No crashing this time, and a much more successful launch than BF4 was!

Hotwire is great fun and an easy way to make money, Blood Money is also good fun, stealing the cash and dropping it off in your vault while stopping the other team from nicking your freshly stolen ££££.

That said its not all good, the weapon balance was obviously done by a chimp as there is only 2 or 3 guns in the assault class worth using, unless you like being at a disadvantage!