Fork 'andles!!

Reaction score
(In case you're wondering, yes, we do have a shed, but no, I cannot get into it, because hubby has managed to fill it with so many "very useful" bits and pieces!! :lol:)
TC, a shed is very important to a man!
My friends shed is wired up for lights, heating & a small fridge to keep the cans cool.
It's the one place his wife & 2 girls do not go in, it's his own sanctuary.:thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
TC, there's a very simple answer to all your problems !

Just let your other half go back to his childhood and not bother with baths or showers.

You will soon get used to the aroma ! :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The new board was just delivered. I ordered it via Amazon, from one of their third-party traders this time. Supposed to be a mobility type store.

Anyway... they dispatched the order extremely quickly and sent it by DPD courier, so we were given a tracking number, and delivery time. Great. No problem so far. The delivery was made bang-on time too.

It was plainly obvious that the board had been badly packaged though, because DPD had needed to put several yards of their parcel-tape over the damaged areas of the box.

You might be wondering whether the problem was caused by DPD, but no, I really don't think so. Because, inside the rather squidgy outer box, was the board itself, which was bundled-up in yards of the dustiest, greyest bubble wrap ever! The board itself looked somewhat dingy compared to the brilliant white of the other one (sans fittings) we already had.

There was no other wrapping or seal. One of the rubber pads is missing completely. Not very impressive at all. However, the fittings that came with this new board, will fit the previous one. (Are you keeping up? lol) Even though they are pretty obviously completely different brands, they apparently share a similar means of fitting them to the bath. Hooray!

I should probably complain about the shortcomings of the brand new board... but honestly, I really don't think I can be bothered. Out of the two boards, we now have a usable one, which is the main thing... plus, we're not out-of-pocket at all.

It just leaves me wondering why on earth so-called "mobility products" are so poorly packaged/handled?

Right.... time for hubby to try a spot of bathtime surfing methinks!! :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My god!!!

Glad you have something resembling a half decent board now from all the spare parts..

Remember to only let him use diving board no.1 that should keep him happy..:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It just leaves me wondering why on earth so-called "mobility products" are so poorly packaged/handled?
'cos they use fourkandlers. :)

Ask a Question