Flops' Friday mini blog

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Welcome home Flopps! Glad to hear your surgery has been done and you've been let loose again. Sounds as if that nurse did your morale a power of good!! :D

Well done for getting that ignorant jobsworth to allow you access the platform. So many folk seem to find it impossible to employ good old common-sense these days; a wee bit of power goes straight to their heads. :rolleyes:

Aww, your poor tongue - I hope the paracetamol will help to ease it a bit.

Oh dear... it's not very good that they've managed to cause you more worry, regarding the blood research. :( Whilst it's good to be kept informed, I sometimes think ignorance can be bliss, if it means the difference between a relaxed, chilled-out patient, and one who is feeling stressed and screwed-up. But I think you have the right idea... "going with the flow and enjoying life" seems like a pretty good philosophy to me.

Super pix of your twins, they're beautiful young women and you must be so proud of their achievements. I have to ask... is the dog in the bottom pic part of the crew? Search and rescue, maybe? Or is he someone's pet?

Wishing you speedy healing and hope you will be firing on all cylinders again very soon. Take care Sir Flopps. It's good to have you back. :D
:cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What!? No pics of this nurse you speak so highly of!?? :eek: :D

Your girls should make you proud, looks like they are doing well for themselves. :)

Heres hoping your recovery is a speedy one. :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Good stuff Mr Flopp's

Glad your out and about..:nod:

Your girls are doing you proud mate...Danny is a lucky boy too..:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you're on the mend :) How was the soup? I'm making it tonight, yum.

Sounds like your daughters are doing great, you must be a very proud dad!

Reaction score
Great to have you home FBS.:thumb:
Hope the recovery goes well & you can soon have a few pints of the black stuff.:dance:

Reaction score
:thumb:Glad you are back home Tony all safe and well. What lovely intelligent girls you have you must be so proud of them both:nod:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
So glad to hear you're home & doing well :D And that the hot-nice nurse came through as requested ;) And it's so good to see the piccys of your twins :D, They look great :bow: very proudmaking :D

Oh, & next time someone's being an a'hole in an officially olympic sort of way stop & think about this... the NZ olympic badminton team was called... wait for it... "The black cocks" (yes, it was their official 'nickname'). For some strange reason though the name was dropped.... :rolleyes: Why was it that someone back in the 80's-90's decided that it would be cool to try & tie all NZ sport teams back to the All blacks in some way? Anyhow, hope that snigger perked up your day :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
He got that intraveneously while he was in there..:D

That blood sample flops said he gave for research, bit he didn't tell us is that it was black and thats why the doc's were so interested in it
aciDjUYH.gif

Wishing you a quick recovery mate. :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Flopps - how are you getting on? Is your tongue beginning to feel any less painful..? I hope the healing is going well. Are you able to tackle your exercises yet?

I know... nosey old me eh? lol But I have "blog withdrawal" so needing an update - if you feel able, that is(?) :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not much to report really but I will say this evening is the first time it hasn't hurt much since the op, no pain killers rattling around in me atm. After the first surgery in April - the biopsy - the pain stopped after 16 days and then started hurting again after about another 8 days. I didn't know it then but that was the cancer starting up again.

This morning I was suffering localised pain that was very similar to that cancer regrowth and of course I started fearing the worst and panicked and became really down. But, as I say, no pain right now so panic dissipated somewhat.

I haven't been doing my tongue exercises cos it's been too painful but I'm now going to make a start tomorrow, I reckon it's worth it if it gives me a chance of improved speech. Still on soup and porridge diet. I'm basically just taking soup and adding stuff to it and bklending then kid myself it's just a bowl of soup, makes it psychologically easier. But my belly's been rumbling a lot :(

Today I had fresh chicken soup with spinach, stilton, ham and - get this - a hand full of twiglets - all blended together. tasted real good actually :)

Tomorrow I start some work and my mate's collecting me in the morning and I'm basically just getting all my tools and equipment on site with a view to starting full days on site on Wednesday. Set up the two amplifiers today with zoned paging Microphone and just couldn't get them to work together :( I suspect the Mic may be faulty but I've e-mailed TOA's tech help dept and will call them tomorrow, that'll be fun, talking to them with my voice as it is...

Said mate is also bringing all my disco equipment up to my home cos I'm going to sell it all, I figure since my voice is messed up my DJ-ing days are over and anyway, I really was getting too old for that stuff I reckon. So, anybody wanna buy a coffin? ;) Seriously, should I list the stuff here on PCRUK?

Bought a blue vinyl copy of Pink Floyd's first album (The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn) off Ebay and it arrived yesterday, cost £14 inc postage which is a reasonable price. Sounds good. But the more I look at it the more I think it's a pirate copy. The sleeve and disk labels look photocopied, just doesn't feel like the real commercial product. Not that it bothers me, it actually sounds better than quite a few genuine vinyl platters I own.

I'm not one of those collector nuts who insist on first editions, specific labels and such, I just want discs with a good sonic quality. Though will admit certain things, like the Island label pink labels, are rather nice to have.

The Olympics is finishing about now so a friend informs me who's just phoned - thank gawd for that, it means all those pink people infesting my 'hood will dissipate and normality will return. I hope.

That's about it folks, except to say if you're tempted to buy 'Death Rally' from Steam for about six quid - don't, it's crap. The crapness comes from the fact accelerate and steer is all on the Xbox gamepad left joystick which makes control extremely difficult and the gamepad controls cannot be mapped. Bit of a shame cos it had the makings of a good little heads down racing game, similar to the old Sega Micro Machines. Oh well, win some, lose some.

Bang Bang Racing - another heads down arcade style racer from Steam - is however quite good. Nothing special, originally an Android app I think, but at least it's worth the money.

Fare thee well folks, keep your powder dry and the razor blades in your lapels sharp - pip pip! :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:) Very glad the pain is going :) And food will return :thumb: I have to confess I'd never have thought of putting blended twiglets in soup... I'm curious now :eek:
I'm glad TC asked :) I've been wondering how you were and am so glad things are going well :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear your tongue is not hurting so much now. It must be quite a relief for you not to be rattling with painkillers, that's certainly a plus. Helpful though they might be, they can still leave one feeling a tad below-par methinks.

Aww, I sympathise with your rumbling inner-man. The liquidised diet is probably feeling a bit old now. But, speaking of food....Now I have a mental pic of you in your Gordon Ramsay chef outfit, experimenting with recipes! ;) Actually, your soup ingredients sound very tasty. Can't say I've ever thought of adding Twiglets, but will remember that tip next time my jaw flares-up and I'm forced to eat a gloopy-soupy diet. :thumb:

Hope your new job goes well today. Best of luck for that.

Ooh Flopps... is it really a good idea to get rid of all your disco gear right now..? After you've had some speech therapy, you could be pleasantly surprised with your progress and regret being hasty. As for getting too old...! Heck, it's always sounded as if your discos go down really well. You haven't lost touch with what's-what musically, so does an age number really matter that much...?

Re the Olympics finishing... won't the Paralympics be starting in about two weeks on the 29th?

All the best. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Started doing my job at Fulham, first day went great, amps programmed, installed, existing loudspeaker circuits checked out clean with suitable impedances, everything worked well. But today was not a good day, having trouble getting cable through new building wall from roof, there's a ton of cables in place and I can't seem to drill through and get cable through. May have to consider new route. Came home on tube/train, absolutely knackered, up and down ladders all day, lottsa walking, I ain't no spring chicken anymore.

Have decided to take packed lunch (read: thermos flask fulla soup and added goodies) tomorrow to get full day in, I only have 8 working days now to complete this job. Eating is the problem. If I was like normal folk, could eat anything, anywhere, would not be a problem.

Seriously thinking this might be the last big job I ever do, it's proving to be hard work.

Also have to price up replacement sound system at a dance studio in Eltham.

And some regular maintenance at Dulwich.

Ain't life fun :)

Opened a bottle of wine tonight that had a real cork - quelle surprise.

Observing females whilst travelling tubes/trains wondered why some bother wearing short skirts if they're continually tugging it earthwards in what looks like an act of embarressment for feeling only partially clothed. My lovely, if you no comfortable showing huge amounts of skin then wear a longer skirt, trousers or shorts cos you really do look a bit silly doing all that tugging.

Was that comment sexist? Pervy? Nope, don't think so, just an observation.

atm playing this (and yes, life sure is strange)

on me stereo, the original 1973 version on vinyl which always makes me think of 1974.

I is definitely getting nostalgic these days and me no like that, don't wanna surrender but what the hell ;)

Anybody wanna buy a coffin? :)

Complete disco - £1750

Speakers only - £650

Coffin only - £850

Hey! It's unique.

No painkillers for 5 or 6 days now, managing solid, albeit soft, foods everyday.

Time for bed, said Zebedee :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Crikey Flopps... aunty Taffers is thinking that you certainly believe in being hard on yourself. You've been through three surgeries in just a few months, which is enough to leave anyone feeling a tad cream-crackered. Not only from the actual procedures, which left you in pain, but also from the stress - not to mention the anaesthetics!

You've got right back on your horse (well okay, your ladder..) and not surprisingly it's hard going. Even eating/preparing meals, takes more time and effort; when your food needs to be blitzed or restricted to very soft meals, it takes more thought and effort. Can't just munch on the conventional snack foods if they're not the right consistency.

Hope the remaining jobs will go smoothly for you - and you manage to solve the cable-routing problem. :nod:

:lol: :lol: The skirt-tugging thing is comical. Back in the day, I was happy to trot around in them. (Some were probably more like pelmets!) But I don't remember having to worry about tugging at them constantly - possibly because they were shaped a bit differently to today's fashion. They didn't fit like elasticated tubes which ride-up. That's my theory anyway ;)

Moody Blues - I used to like them a lot. I'd almost forgotten that particular track in your video, but it was good to hear it again. Nowt wrong with enjoying a bit of musical nostalgia now and then. Recently, when doing some channel-surfing, we found some ancient Top of The Pops shows. Did we really dance like that...? lol Some of the early fashion is a hoot too. I became fascinated by the trousers in the last show... guys were wearing voluminous pants which could have accommodated a whole family! :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I'm with TC on this one, you've got to go cut yourself some slack right now, the surgeries on their own will've left your body pretty wacked, not to mention the cancer itself and all the stress. The energy will come back :)

The skirts are one thing, but my real laugh is those guys who wear jeans so loose they make a builders-butt-crack look discrete. I've just got no clue who they think they're trying to impress. I mean they can't all be gay & I've never met a girl who didn't think they looked dorky, even when they're not having to hold them up to run across the road or the like :rolleyes: Guy's, if you're listening... if it's the girls you're after then we like to see a nice tight butt in some nice tight jeans as much as you do :drool:
Now... Is that sexist? Or informative? After all, maybe all them guys are running around out there thinking the girls think they look hot in the saggy-baggy jeans. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Guy's, if you're listening... if it's the girls you're after then we like to see a nice tight butt in some nice tight jeans as much as you do :drool:
Right with you on that one Ciri!! :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, Ladies, you do know our Sir Floppiness is self employed, ergo he has to work to afford the liquid stuff before looking at girls in short comical skirts. :D

not sure if he can get support off the government at his young age. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
err, Ladies, you do know our Sir Floppiness is self employed, ergo he has to work to afford the liquid stuff before looking at girls in short comical skirts. :D

Yes indeedy Mucks. I probably didn't express myself properly...sorry about that. "Getting back on his horse" was just my 'shorthand' way of saying that unlike the folk who are fortunate enough to be able to take sick-leave our Sir Flopps is already hard at work. I was sympathising with the fact that energy reserves are bound to be a bit low, until his bod has time to recover and he's bench-pressing barbels again. :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score

Yep, got that, by "cutting himself some slack" I was meaning not to 'write himself off' over how hard he is finding it. It's still early days, his body has got quite a bit of recovering to do yet but it will get better & the energy will come back. I'm sure his 'chicken' has still got plenty of spring in it :D

Ask a Question