Ermahgerd Snow

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I spoke too soon, we have snow just started to fall but not settling. Most flights cancelled, work has ceased across the nation, the rail network still insisting it's the wrong type of snow.

Reaction score
Just got back from walking the dogs their first 2 1/2 mile walk in the countryside, tricky in places frozen snow and ice but only about an inch deep roads mainly OK except Ulcome hill stopped by police as road closed because of ice. But really just a storm in a teacup seen it a lot worse and do not really what the fuss is about. Heaven help us if we get a proper snow fall of say 6" or god forbid a couple or three feet like we did in 1963.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
rhotacize
Word Origin
verb (used with object), rhotacized, rhotacizing.
to change (a sound) to an (r); subject to rhotacism.
to pronounce (a vowel) with r-color.
verb (used without object), rhotacized, rhotacizing.
to undergo rhotacism.

Hell, I'm not much wiser. :confused:

I'll have to look up r-color (surely r-colour) now. :confused::D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thanks, V_R. Always good to learn new things. :thumb:

Do you think it will catch on? Do you think there will be a University Degree Course on the subject? ;)
Meme's will never die. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
R-Color

Now I'm utterly lost.

Is it this..........

R-Color.JPG
?

Or this? LINK HERE

Neither make any sense. :confused::D I've decided to give it all a miss from now on. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A beautifully sunnyshing Fri 13th day, a little cool with a bit of wind.

Spring is near, 'cos Asda is selling hot cross buns. (I kid you not)

:user:

Reaction score
Well here in my part of Kent we had about an 1 inch of snow followed by a hard frost all roads are clear and snow has been melting most of the day as the sun came out. What surprises me is the havoc caused by such miserable fall of snow. Schools closed, trains unable to run because of ice and passengers having being led to safety after being stuck on the train for 3 hours, minor roads not gritted or treated. A what-it in a brewery comes into mind. :eek:

Reaction score
We usually only get a inch of snow and the country closes down, I suppose we do not get enough to be properly prepared. Hands up who have snow chains for their car wheels should we have a snowfall.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I spoke too soon, we have snow just started to fall but not settling. Most flights cancelled, work has ceased across the nation, the rail network still insisting it's the wrong type of snow.

Well that didn't last long. The SE London blizzard lasted a whole 40 minutes and promptly melted on contact with terra firma.

It was followed that day by dazzling sunshine, that was good.

However, today it's raining persistently which is a shame cos tonight Helen O Hara and her band are playing at my local and that's about twenty minutes walk away. Yes, yes, I do have an umbrella but, well, you know....

Who Helen O'Hara you ask? She the lady who played fiddle on the Dexys Midnight Runners LP 'Too Rye Aye' so I figure it could be interesting.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :eek:

I have played that record at a thousand weddings, birthday parties, christenings, bar-mitzvahs and coming out celebrations and if I never hear it again it will be too soon :D

People would come up to me during the evening and say 'Play Come On Eileen that'll get 'em going. Or Brown Sugar.' and I would reply, with a deadpan expression 'I know'.

Sorry Mr Boots, I know you meant well but it's a kind of work-related trauma reaction, over-familiarity instigating shivers and dribbling.

(I do own Too Rye Aye btw, it's a great LP and thankfully that track is the last one so it's easy to lift the stylus ;) )

Ask a Question