Snow set for Britain this weekend

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
UK weather: Snow set for Britain this weekend in return to winter days after heatwave

The weather warning said: "A period of heavy rain will affect first Southeastern England and then parts of East Anglia on Sunday evening, lasting through much of Monday.

"Although there is much uncertainty in these rainfall totals and how far West the heaviest rain will occur, accumulations of 25-40 mm are possible, and 50-70 mm in places during this period.

"The heavy rain will be accompanied by strong to gale force Northerly winds, and it will be cold enough to produce some snow on high ground such as the North and South Downs, although this is unlikely to settle."

Time to batten down the hatches, or is it just a media storm in a tea cup ? :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'll dig out my snow shoes, hat, scarf and gloves. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I remember now why I stopped reading "news" papers.

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Newsprint lie sheets love to provoke a reaction and snow storms predicted is as about as likely as Bigfoot spotted chatting to Elvis Presley in Asdas at Charlton.

Must admit though it was mighty odd going out last Saturday wearing only a shirt for a top and yesterday wrapping for the worst winter weather. Global warming or just typical British weather?

Ask a Question