The Upcoming Week

Reaction score
Just read an article on a weather site i visit;

We haven't experienced it all winter and now that Spring is just around the corner, winter has decided to make an appearance and oh boy will we know about it!.The coming week will deliver some very wintry weather indeed to many parts of the country as the UK becomes locked into a cold pattern that will not only bring snow to many places but also very cold temperatures, especially by night.

After a lot of build up to what will be the most significant wintry spell of weather this winter, the scene is set for winter to certainly have a sting in it's tail as we head into March. The first significant feature of the coming week will be a developing low pressure system that will push down from the North during the course of Monday and into Tuesday. This bringing a mixture of rain, sleet and snow depending on altitude and also location, it is then behind this feature from Tuesday onwards the really cold air arrives.

The rest of the week will see a mixture of sunshine and wintry showers, most of these will fall as snow even down to low levels, but more especially over higher ground. There still remains some uncertainty over just how much snow will fall and specifically where, but at the moment parts of Scotland, Eastern England, Wales and Ireland could be at greatest risk. It wouldn't be out of the question for in excess of 15cm of snow by the end of the week and locally up to 20cm to 30cm, especially where drifting in strong Northerly or Northeasterly winds takes place.

The snow won't be the only problem, daytime temperatures will struggle to reach and pass the freezing mark, especially over snow cover. Temperatures by night will also plummet again especially over snow cover and as extremes temperatures may well reach -10C to -15C. The cold weather is currently set to last into next weekend when a breakdown is currently expected as milder weather edges in from the Atlantic. This is still a long way away but this change to milder conditions next week could also signal the threat of some significant snow for a time before it turns milder.

All in all get ready for a very wintry week and keep those winter woolies, shovels and de-icer close by!.

Looks quite harsh, wonder if it really will be this bad...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
and they keep going on about global warming :rolleyes:

it might happen, it was snowing here last week

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been waiting some some cold and thought we'd missed it... damn :rolleyes:

Roll on Summer :D

Reaction score
I'll keep that at the back of my mind Postill, we shall have you eating 26 Penguins in front of the whole ICT class if it does ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
It wont snow enough to make a difference, i'll eat 26 penguins in a row if it does.
Just a few flakes seems to make everything grind to a halt - lets hope you mean the chocolate ones Chris!!:D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Just a few flakes seems to make everything grind to a halt - lets hope you mean the chocolate ones Chris!!:D

if not we'll have to get mucks and his trusty shotgun

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok someone predicting weather ...

I`ll bet the northern front turns southerly with a touch of westerly cooling the easterly and next week will be warm :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Not that unusual for Britain to get a cold snap March/ April ... 1962 being the coldest of the century ... had fun in 82 in South Wales too, loads of snow. :D

:thumb:

* must clean the shotgun *

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I remember 1982 well - I was a 3rd year degree student in Coventry and man did it snow!

I doubt we will see anything like that again - we don't get 'proper' snow these days. We get the merest sprinking and the country goes mad!! A few flakes and the roads grind to a great big halt. I live 'in the North' and we heardly ever get snow.

Gabs xx

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
It hasnt snowed or rained around my parts for quite a awhile. you guys are lucky in point of view. :)

Ask a Question