Winter ... what's your predictions?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"I've seen the signs" ... so they say, that, we may be in for a rather naught Winter starting as early as November. This years official Winter start date is 22 December.

Will Winter come early this year, and if so, how sever will it be, will the snow last, can it beat 1963? :cool:

Time to stock up on tin can foods and get a bread maker. :)

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Not really an easy call. Each year the weather pundits make their predictions; it's going to be the warmest/coldest/wettest/snowiest season since (pick a date) and sometimes, one of them will be correct.

My own feeling is that we are probably "due" for a cold snowy blast, at some point. So will certainly be ensuring that the food cupboards are well stocked-up.

Also, we won't be forgetting the birds (the ones who visit our garden I mean.) So we will make sure we keep a sack of birdseed and suet-y goodies in store. :thumb: :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I predict a riot....

....or a crap winter to go with the crap summer we just had. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I really hope it isn't a bad winter! Just stocked up on jumpers though, so at least I'm prepared :D

The last few years have been really mild, I've kinda got used to it!

Reaction score
Will Winter come early this year, and if so, how sever will it be, will the snow last, can it beat 1963? :cool:

Well the winter of 1963 I was on Dartmoor clearing the roads to Princetown (Dartmoor Prison) and eebygum that was cold, don't want another one like that thanks, some of the Royals got frost bite, but not me. After that we went to Norway for snow warfair and that was even colder, but we had the right clothing but still bl**dy cold Brrrrr:eek:. My pridiction is that we are due anther blast from the North, I hope not as we will get cut off and our village has not got a shop, so I suppose it will mean stocking up with food just in case.:cry:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
While we wait for the harsh general Winter to go on warpath, here are some autumnal images from SE Finland.
@Urmas, The scenery in these photos, is breathtakingly beautiful. Loved the videos you posted also. The ice-swimmers didn't even flinch when they entered that freezing water! :eek: I howl if the water temperature drops a little when I'm taking a shower, so I have deep admiration for those swimmers! :lol:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
@Urmas... so I have deep admiration for those swimmers! :lol:

No need, really... I can tell you that hot sauna and cold water is an addictive combination — the feeling of... dunno... relaxation and rejuvenation that lingers for hours afterwards is just awesome.

Reaction score
The wrong leaves will fall on the railways lines.
The snow, 1 to 2 inches will be the wrong kind and the coutry will grind to a halt!
Rain will fall, the wrong type of rain & the country will get flooded and someone will suggest building an Arc!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
But, but.... every year as far as I can remember the tabloids predict the second ice age but it rarely happens does it? They is just on a wind-up.

And when it turns out to be 'unseasonably mild' this winter the tabloids will start scare-mongering about 'global warming'.

It's all a whole heap of twaddle, just believe what you can feel on the back of your neck when you step out each morning cos you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows ;)

Reaction score
You cannot predict the weather.It`s run on a cheos system all caused by the sun.And as the sun is getting hotter the weather will become more varied and possibly more violent.
historian

Ask a Question